Endocrinologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Lack of professionalism  |  show details
by Morgan on Jul 14th, 2014

I went to dr Weisen for 10 years but skipped a year because I was unemployed and didn't have insurance. When I tried to schedule an appointment when I regained employment and insurance I was put back on the new patient list and told to wait 3 months for an appointment . I switched to a doctor that looks me in the eye and treats me as if he cares. I now can see by comparison that dr Weisen spent 2 minutes with me after I used to wait in his office for 45 minutes and when I finally did see him he would rush me out and answer questions by handing me pamphlets.

|  Very very rude staff  |  show details
by Maria on Sep 3rd, 2013

Very bad first and second experience. Charged me copay of $35 which was unheard of (usually 20 or 30). During my second visit, Kim was asking me for another copay. I asked nicely I have never paid a copay every visit. True story, i go to a hematologist and I dont pay every visit. She started hollering and saying she wasnt going to argue with me. I felt like i was a person in the street, not a patient. I think however the patients behave or talks, they deserve better treaent than what i had.

|  Reputation exceeds reality  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

While Dr. Weisen is probably knowlegable in his speciality given the amount of time spent with patient it's impossible to be sure; didn't see to care; went through the motioins

|  It's All About the Money  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2013

I have advanced cancer. I had a critical test which will give the doctor(s) a prognosis. One of the doctors in Dr. Wiesen's practice was assigned to me, only to be replaced by another. I was told that I should feel free to call back in order to obtain my test results. When I called, I was told that "my doctor" would be away until next week. I replied that I was very anxious and could they please get another covering doctor to summarize my test results. "No problem" I was told, I will page the doctor. You will hear from me shortly. I will call you. 5:30 pm came around, and having waited over an hour I called back. Just as I expected, the office was closed for the day and an apathetic answering service operator got on the line. I was basically told to p-ss off. Guess what, I am p-ssed at them, so much so that I am going to change doctors. Arrogant, insincere, and at times rude office staff. No one should have to go through that when they are ill.

|  Good Doctor/ Weak staff  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

I love this man. He is courteous, gentle and has been the only endocronlogist to successfully treat my diabetes. I have been under control for the past five years. His staff, on the other hand, could be a little more friendly and they should return calls. They do Not, and this makes it difficult to communicate when necessary.

|  NO COMPASSION NOR BEDSIDE MANNER  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

NO BEDSIDE MANNER WHATSOVER, NO PATIENCE, IRRITABLE, SARCASTIC, VERBALLY ABUSIVE, NO HUMANITY. DR. WIESEN WAS NAMED #1 ENDOCRINOLOGIST IN NJ; WHICH IS IMPRESSIVE. HOWEVER, HE HAS NO PEOPLE SKILLS IN DEALING WITH HIS PATIENTS. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER. THEY PUSH YOU OUT, JUST WANT THE MONEY. IT IS TIME TO RETIRE OR GO FOR A COURSE IN TREATING PATIENTS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS WITH COMPASSION AND PATIENCE.

|  Poor People Skills  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

An excellent physician, but he never took any classes in patient conversation and humanity.

|  gave me hope  |  show details
by rebecca ho on Nov 4th, 2010

the dr gave me hope when other drs told me to eat salad and drink water for my diabetes. My legs have been in pain and my feet cold and he was the first dr to tell me I have strong pulses in my legs and that I'm not going to loose them. He also gave me the right meds and spent time with me amd his other patients that is why I did not mind waiting. Overall kind dr that gave me new found hope when I was about to give up.

|  jbaladyjr@comcast.net  |  show details
by joseph balady jr on Sep 4th, 2010

how can you ask for a more educated and compitant doctor.dr wiesen helped save my life in 2005 and to this day i am under his care and i live 90 miles away .i will never change ,what does that tell you what dr wieson forgot ,other dr. in his field never knew.

|  IMPOSSIBLE...  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Wiesen for a little over a year now. I use the term "seeing" loosely because in the year and a half I've been a patient of his, I've only SEEN him three times. When I do go for visitations, I spend 25 minutes waiting in the waiting room, then 10 minutes MAX with him where he spends most of the time tinkering with his computer rather than talking to me directly. If I have questions, he gives me numerous PAMPHLETS on my condition. I can read... I go to him and pay him lots of money to be the specialist. Even worse than his bedside manner is his staff. The office is the most disorganized, rude group of people. They only care about getting paid and getting you out. They never follow up and you have to be on top of them for everything... sending reports to other doctors, faxing results to hospitals, even keeping Dr. Wiesen updated on his patients. I would never recommend this doctor or this office to anyone. I'm currently looking for another endocrinologist. As a patient with growig needs (post-op and waiting therapy), I don't need the added stress of doing the doctor's and his staffs' jobs as well as recovering.

|  No follow up after initial visit and calls were never returned  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2010

It was very difficult to make an appointment. No call backs. When I went to the office to make an appointment the staff refused to make the appointment and told me that it had to be done by phone. I saw the doctor only once. When I tried to make a follow up appointment to get results of tests he had prescribed, I was told that the doctor would give me the results by phone, but he never called me. I left phone messages which were never returned, so, I went to the office, got printed test results and saw another endocrinologist.

|  Absolutely HORRIBLE endocrinologist!  |  show details
by rg on Feb 27th, 2010

Not only did I have hypothyroidism that he didn't treat, I had Primary hyperparathyroidism (at age 28) that required 2 surgeries for removal of my affected gland. I went to him for 2 years and not only did he seem absolutely uninterested in any of the symptoms that I had, he kept telling me that nothing was wrong with me. Upon consulting another endocrinologist, I was immediately referred to a surgeon for parathyroid surgery. I am SO THANKFUL THAT I NEVER WENT BACK TO SEE HIM!!!

|  show details
Dec 22nd, 2008

Dr. Wiesen asked some fairly routine questions about my health background but seemed to be totally uninterested in my responses. He confirmed my internist diagnosis which was favorable to me but nonetheless stated that I should have a follow-up appointment a year later for no apparent reason. This is one reason why our medical costs are going up.

|  show details
Jun 8th, 2008

I tried calling him when I had a severe problem and he never returned my call. I continued calling for 3 weeks and then I went to another doctor. He does not care about his patients.