Overall Review

October 18th, 2016
The first doctor that explained what was wrong with my stomach and why I was anemic. Very nice man. Very informative. Helped me immensely.

November 10th, 2015
Never been treated with such disrespect by the office of a physician
At first, I was impressed with Mark Worthington. He seemed to take an interest in my plight with prostate cancer, even though I had gone to him for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I was further impressed with him when he actually called me to respond to a message I had left with his office personnel. Since then, I have tried to get the results of the pathology of the polyps that were removed during my colonoscopy and I continue to get the run around. I had the Colonoscopy on 10/22/2015 and here it is on 11/10/2015 and I have yet to receive the results of the polyp pathology. When I call the office of Mark Worthington, I no longer get a real person. There is always, always an automated outgoing message that promises my phone call will be returned within 24 to 48 hours. Unfortunately, the promise is not adhered to I never receive a call. It has now been almost twenty days since my colonoscopy and I have received no word from the office of doctor Worthington about the outcome. The doctor was an hour late for my colonoscopy appt. and I laid in the hospital bed waiting for him to arrive. That was disconcerting in and of itself. I was told before the colonoscopy that the doctor would discuss the procedure with my wife after it took place but the doctor did no such thing. The person that wheel chaired me out of the hospital simply handed a packet of information to my wife without any explanation whatsoever. My wife thought it was simply instructions on care when I got home, but she later discovered that there were actually photographs of the inside of my colon and a brief report explaining what was seen during the endo and the colonoscopy. My wife had questions but there was nobody to ask because by the time she noticed what had been handed to her, we were already back home. It has been very disconcerting to me to discover that Dr. Worthington's office is so lax and unconcerned that they will not take the time to return my phone calls. I have to wonder if Dr. Worthington is even aware of the fact that his office is being run in such an unprofessional manner. I do realize that once Dr. Worthington reads this review, he will no longer want to treat me as a patient. That doesn't bother me too much because I have no intention of seeking treatment through Dr. Worthington's office any further. To give him the benefit of the doubt, I must say that it is very possible Dr. Worthington doesn't even know that he has patients out there that are being treated unprofessionally, however, one would think he should know as it is his business to know. Additionally, it is the doctor that ultimately receives the pathology report and it is the doctor that ultimately should deliver the news of that report to the patient, whether the patient calls for it or not, but especially if the patients has left four phone message requesting it. I'm sorry for having to leave such a negative review for the office of Dr. Mark Worthington but the good doctor and his staff have earned it. The question is.....what the $#%@ are the results?