Dr. Mark Yockey MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Tampa, FL

3.3

April 4th, 2017
Terrible Experience
Terrible experience! I waited two hours to see him during initial appts and ended up with his assistant. He had zero bedside manner and has been awful since my surgery. He gave me medicine I was allergic to during surgery and couldn't be bothered to offer support when I ended up in the ER and then the hospital for a week due to his error. He has since rescheduled four appointments because he is "busy" and his schedule changes. He is possibly one of the worst doctors I've ever had to work with. I feel bad for his staff because they are constantly apologizing for his behavior.

March 21st, 2017
My husband was seen by this doctor for a routine visit. His PSA level was off so he was scheduled for a biopsy in May 2016 and ended up in the hospital the next day, for 5 days with sepsis. The doctor did not come to see him for two days. We knew there is always a risk when you have this type of procedure done, but to not respond to a patient within a day was very upsetting for me, especially when I realized how critical my husband's condition was. Against my advice my husband went back for follow up lab work in December, and after three weeks still had not received a follow-up call from the doctor's office. My husband called three times with no return call from the office. The second time he called the office confirmed that they had in their notes that my husband called, apologized, and then promised someone would call back. He never received that follow-up call. Needless to say, we are in the process of look for a new Urologist.

December 30th, 2015
Si necesitas un urologo realmente bueno
Strongly recommended. Muy recomendado, no importa que no entiendas el ingles, en esa clinica siempre encontrara ayuda

May 9th, 2014
I would not recommend you send your family member to this physician if you want an accurate diagnosis. Definitely incompetent

April 5th, 2012
Great caring doctor.
As a nurse, I was skeptical about Dr Yockey after reading his review and knowing he was so young. I met with him when he cared for my mother and was thoroughly impressed. He was very caring and explained her condition. He gave many options and alternatives. I wonder about the truth of the other review as nobody can diagnose or dismiss cancer through ANY radiology test. I truly felt he was a compassionate doctor with an excellent bedside manner.

March 20th, 2012
Stay away
Dr Yockey diagnosed me with kidney cancer, and recommended immediate surgery to remove half of my kidney. He did not without ordering an MRI. I went to Moffitt Cancer Center for a 2nd opinion, where they ordered an MRI. The Moffitt urologist informed me that I do NOT have cancer. If I had proceeded with Dr Yockey's recommendation I would have endured needless pain and suffering, and would be left without half a kidney.