Dr. Mark Zen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Zen?

Posted on January 31st, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Zen by a neurologist that could not determine why I was having headaches. Dr. Zen diagnosed it as depression. So I accepted that and he gave me Esgic plus. I thought it was an anti-depressant because he said I was depressed. Back then no internet. I took it and it worked no headaches. I was impressed but still a bit shocked that I was "depressed" After a while I stopped seeing him because he always wanted to talk about my childhood or my boyfriend suggesting there is a root cause and I am depressed and the headaches will continue if we don't address my bottled feelings. It was difficult because he want to talk about problems that didn't exist. He sent updated letters to my neurologist a several times. My visits with him ended when he snapped at me because again I had nothing bad or sad to share. Then he tells me your not depressed you only come to see me for the medication. Confused I said, yes I do come to you to get the meds because it helps my depression that you said are causing these headaches. I don't feel depressed but your the doctor and the medication is working. He said I am not giving you medication anymore come back when you are ready for therapy. I went straight to my primary doctor told him what happen and asked for Esgic Plus. A year later I had x-rays to pull out my wisdoms and the surgeon discovered I had a fracture in my jaw. It was from a fall I had after I tripped from a floor carpet and hit my face on the coffee table. I didn't go to my doctor because I had minor jaw pain but realized that's when I started having headaches. The oral surgeon confirmed that it was definitely the likely cause and my jaw was fine and not dislocated. I didn't feel any need to call Dr. Zen because there was no harm done in being misdiagnosed. Five years later my medical records we subpoenaed from the neurologist and Dr. Zen. For a work comp claim. So of course I received a copy of the records. I couldn't believe what Dr. Zen's office visits notes contained. It had things we never talked about. He even went as far as saying he suggested couples therapy and I had relationship problems. He also composed an extra letter to my neurologist suggesting I had a borderline personality disorder. What he didn't realize was that the medical records from my neurologist was also subpoenaed and did not contain such letter from him. So I sent him a copy of the oral surgeon's records and wrote him a letter just asking why he would do that. He never responded and his liability insurance company contacted me instead to start a claim. I declined and said all I wanted was really an apology from him but didn't expect it to happen. With this said all I have to say is I am happy that he has become an excellent doctor because I believe that no one is perfect. Although it wrongfully labeled me and harmed me a little as a person it probably made Dr Zen an even better doctor to his patients. Dr. Zen you were always very comitted finding the root cause and I can appreciate that. God bless you always and may you continue to succeed.

LISTENS AND NEVER GIVES UP ON YOU!

Posted on October 1st, 2012

HE CAN IDENTIFY AND HELP YOU WORK THROUGH FAMILY OF ORIGIN ISSUES. MY ENTIRE FAMILY HAS BEEN POSITIVELY IMPACTED BY HIS GUIDANCE.HE IS BRILLIANT, CARING AND FIGHTS FOR AND WITH YOU TO HELP YOU GET CLARITY AND MOVE FORWARD. HE IS A PRICELESS TREASURE!

professional

Posted on December 8th, 2011

open and caring......professional

Posted on September 28th, 2011

Highly recommended. Smart and kind. Has passion for his work and cares about his patients. He is warm, yet confrontative when he has to be, while maintaining appropriate boundaries. In times of stress, it's comforting to know he's in your corner. Knowledgeable about many medical issues, even beyond psychistry. Prompt to the minute.

Posted on July 1st, 2010

Terrific doctor. Intuitive and bright. Helps you gain insight into your behavior and confronts you if necessary to help you initiate change. Manner is gentle, respectful, yet effective. Highly recommended.

Exceptional! None Better

Posted on May 23rd, 2010

Posted on April 26th, 2010

Very Caring..Would even see me on Sundays if he felt it was necessary.Goes the extra mile.

Posted on August 20th, 2017