Dr. Markus Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 1st, 2016
Disappointed patient
They threw my records out. They stated it had been over seven years and they throw out any records older than that. What a shame! Most sleep Drs keep their records indefinitely.

June 11th, 2014
Doesn't Listen
I went to Dr. Schmidt for a second opinion about my sleep problems (idiopathic hypersomnia). I had already had a sleep study done at another clinic but it was tied up in insurance appeals to get the appropriate medicine- we figured having a second opinion on my condition would help the appeals process. Dr. Schmidt's desk staff is not very friendly and had to ask one another how to add new appointments times to the calendar, spent ages on the phone, etc. The sleep study staff, however, was wonderful. Very friendly and courteous. The man who took my information before meeting the Doctor was quite friendly as well. Taking my information was rather pointless, however, because the Dr. did not read the report and asked me the exact same questions. He diagnosed me before even conducting the sleep study and did not explain the results of the test well at all. My mother and I asked numerous questions comparing this study to the one I had completed previously and the Dr. either evading the question or remarked, numerous times, that since he did not conduct the first study he did not consider it in his diagnosis! (The first test taken 2 months previously was more severe than this one which we were curious about). The Dr. then decided, even though I had been diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia by my family physician and the first clinic that I was tired due to depression. As the average time it took me to fall asleep in the first sleep study was 2 seconds and the second study was still highly abnormal, this seemed dumb to me. Nevertheless, he prescribed some medicine to "help with the depression." This medicine, (even google will tell you this!) interferes with another medicine I am already on! I took it for 4 days during which my problem increased substantially- I was sent home from work because I fell asleep in the break room within 1 hour of arriving. Since even a google or WebMD search shows that the prescribed drug not only interacts with another medicine I am on but can Cause Drowsiness, I cancelled by followup appointment and never went back.

August 10th, 2011
Kinda average
Didn't get the top of the line service we thought we'd get. Dr. Schmidt seemed a little distracted, and his staff were not into the patients.