Dr. Marla Ross MD Patient Reviews

2.1

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2015
Very knowledgeable on Hair Restoration. Answered all my questions and concerns and did not rush me through my appointment. Very nice staff as I needed to call with a few more questions. Because of her knowledge, excellent bed side manner and her staff... I have chosen her for my Hair Restoration..

December 6th, 2013
Do not recommend
I feel that the quality of care provided by Dr. Marla Ross was not consistent. I experienced times where I felt that we were on the same page and my needs and concerns were being addressed. However, I have had more times where I felt rushed, disregarded and frankly shocked by her lack of professionalism when responding to me. I have since sought care elsewhere and I could not be happier with my decision. In my subjective opinion, there are plenty of dermatologists in the area, I would highly recommend any potential patients of hers to think twice before making an appointment. Honestly, it would have saved me time and money had I not.

July 26th, 2013
would not recommend
I felt she was abrupt with me and didn't listen. Her gas can treatment left scars all over the place. I didn't go back.

March 18th, 2013
I am very, very unhappy with the hair transplant performed by Dr. Ross. I was anxious to have an operation before I went on vacation, and she was all too willing to acomodate me. Since this is a very serious procedure, it is something that should not be rushed and she let me act impulsively. I did not find to be professional. She did not do a very good exam of my hair. After the surgery was started her nurses told me I already had miniaturization. Dr. Ross should have checked this before. Also, my hair was too short in back and sides to properly cover donor strip sutures; something she should have known. She did the incisions, but then she disappeared from surgery. I have been very depressed and suicidal. Oh, but she did give me a discount...worse decision of my life.

June 23rd, 2012
not thrilled
I am female and began having some hair shedding in my early to mid 30's. Saw Dr. Ross 3-4 times for medical advice/direction. Dr. Ross gave me a visual inspection and determined it was male patterned baldness and suggested to begin using rogaine. No biopsy was performed to determine actual cause of hair thinning in order to treat more aggressively or in a different manner besides using just using rogaine. I was hesitant to start this as the box says that it can have negative effects if not diagnosed properly. I expressed my hesitation over beginning rogaine and sought more explanation/answers. On my last visit, I was told by Dr. Ross directly that if I was not going to follow her advice then she would recommend me to see someone else whom she provided information for, stating that perhaps she could answer my questions and provide insight. I received no other education or support from their office. She handed me my file which I should have walked out of the office with. I did pursue the dermatologist she suggested and on the very first appointment three biopsies were taken of my scalp. They determined that I had a autoimmune disorder which required me being put on an immunosuppressant (plaquenil)as well as utilizing rogaine. I am very happy that I now have appropriate and accurate answers to why I was experiencing hair loss and to know that rogaine in and of itself would not have been an adequate enough treatment w/o lifestyle (stress) changes and additional medications. Perhaps if I had blindly followed Dr. Ross's advice I would have been now a patient of hers receiving hair transplants, and costing me an extensive amt. of money out of pocket. The bottom line is I hope people seek second opinions if she is not performing biopsies as standard practice. Visual inspection alone is truly not adequate. Biopsies will tell you if it is autoimmune or simply male pattered thinning. It is important to know the difference so you can determine with the doctor what is the best level of treatment for your care.

July 30th, 2011
Billing for service
Billed $195.00 for a surgery to remove a wart. Nothing surgical was used to take off the wart. Beetle juice was applied to the wart to form a blister on the wart, but the wart was not surgically removed during office visit. This visit should have been billed differently to allow insurance to cover it.

August 15th, 2016