Dr. Marlene Cordero MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 17th, 2016
Horrible practice
The doctor herself is average. However, don't count on any help from the receptionist which happens to be her son. Big shocker right!?

June 7th, 2016
Very Unorganized!!!
Trying to get a prescription refilled is impossible. They never answer phone. Always goes straight to a voicemail and they NEVER call back. Dr. Herself is OK but the staff is who you end up dealing with the most. WORSE THAN THE DMV.

November 5th, 2015
Wonderful!
Exceptional doctor. She spent a full hour with me during our first appointment - which I have never experienced with any other doctor prior. She really is engaged and truly wants to help. So thankful I found her.

August 26th, 2015
Dr. Cordero and her staff are very courteous and compassionate and I have been treated with great respect.

February 19th, 2015
Great office!

February 11th, 2015
not a good choice. overcharges
Tried to change my meds. Gave me dangerous 2 together after research. Hard to get refill. Rude as heck. Sorry honest.

May 20th, 2014
Works for me
It took me a few visits but now I'm very comfortable with Dr Cordero. She's been really good at finding my right medication. Overall I'm very pleased.

April 10th, 2013
Truly Professional
My visit to Dr. Cordero's office was the first time I have ever been to a Psychiatrist. I have to say that both the front office staff and Dr. Cordero were true professionals. Dr. Cordero made me feel comfortable and competently guided me through the initial appointment questions. She was understanding of my issues, has an excellent bedside manner and made me feel at ease throughout the appointment. I trust her diagnosis and am confident that she will help me work through my symptoms.

June 1st, 2012
Worst office staff
Whereas Dr Cordero hersel is great, no one returns phone calls and getting a prescription renewed by phone is impossible! She really needs a new receptionist. He does not follow through on anything, and is generally incompetent.

November 1st, 2011
Excellent Psychiatrist
I have been a patient of her for over a year , at each appointment she was very helpful , caring and taking her time to discuss my problems, I recommend her strongly, the only downside of her practice is that when calling the office nobody answer and if left a message it take a while for them to call back

July 21st, 2011
Differing Expectations??
I admire & respect Dr. Cordero, & I wonder if some people have unrealistic expectations about modern psychiatric care. "Talk Therapy" has been the predominant notion of good mental health practices for a long time. At present, however, theories have shifted to understanding the issues a patient is struggling w/, & devising a drug therapy program that suits each patient's needs. I may be wrong, but I believe this is where Dr. Cordero stands in respect to goals for her patients. However, she also has responded quickly when I was having "mental emergencies" such as struggling with panic attacks, drug interaction problems, etc. I feel very grateful to be one of her patients. Sometimes I see her for only 20 ninutes, & at others for an hour, but she is always an astute, intelligent listener.

February 16th, 2011
This office is incredibly unorganized and the receptionists will lie to you if you need something, just to get you off of the phone. They are rude and unhelpful.