Feb 19th, 2015

Great office!

not a good choice. overcharges show details not a good choice. overcharges
Feb 11th, 2015

Tried to change my meds. Gave me dangerous 2 together after research. Hard to get refill. Rude as heck. Sorry honest.

Works for me show details Works for me
May 20th, 2014

It took me a few visits but now I'm very comfortable with Dr Cordero. She's been really good at finding my right medication. Overall I'm very pleased.

Truly Professional show details Truly Professional
by Marion M. on Apr 10th, 2013

My visit to Dr. Cordero's office was the first time I have ever been to a Psychiatrist. I have to say that both the front office staff and Dr. Cordero were true professionals. Dr. Cordero made me feel comfortable and competently guided me through the initial appointment questions. She was understanding of my issues, has an excellent bedside manner and made me feel at ease throughout the appointment. I trust her diagnosis and am confident that she will help me work through my symptoms.

Jun 6th, 2012

Dr Cordero is by far the worst doctor I have ever been too! Each time I seen her she kept giving me new meds. Misdiagnosed me. With the combo of meds I was on I went from being fairly healthy to having major blackouts. She didnt think that the meds were causing it. When I quit taking the meds I was healthy. She needs to be sued for medical malpractice!

Worst office staff show details Worst office staff
Jun 1st, 2012

Whereas Dr Cordero hersel is great, no one returns phone calls and getting a prescription renewed by phone is impossible! She really needs a new receptionist. He does not follow through on anything, and is generally incompetent.

Excellent Psychiatrist show details Excellent Psychiatrist
Nov 1st, 2011

I have been a patient of her for over a year , at each appointment she was very helpful , caring and taking her time to discuss my problems, I recommend her strongly, the only downside of her practice is that when calling the office nobody answer and if left a message it take a while for them to call back

Differing Expectations?? show details Differing Expectations??
Jul 21st, 2011

I admire & respect Dr. Cordero, & I wonder if some people have unrealistic expectations about modern psychiatric care. "Talk Therapy" has been the predominant notion of good mental health practices for a long time. At present, however, theories have shifted to understanding the issues a patient is struggling w/, & devising a drug therapy program that suits each patient's needs. I may be wrong, but I believe this is where Dr. Cordero stands in respect to goals for her patients. However, she also has responded quickly when I was having "mental emergencies" such as struggling with panic attacks, drug interaction problems, etc. I feel very grateful to be one of her patients. Sometimes I see her for only 20 ninutes, & at others for an hour, but she is always an astute, intelligent listener.

Feb 16th, 2011

This office is incredibly unorganized and the receptionists will lie to you if you need something, just to get you off of the phone. They are rude and unhelpful.

I like her show details I like her
Nov 11th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Cordero for almost 3 years. She spent an hour with me for my first two visits, assessing my situation. I had to see her due to my insurance changing, and I am glad I have switched to her and don't have to drive to SLO anymore. For talk therapy, I have a MFC that I go to, Dr. Cordero prescribed talk therapy and she manages my meds. I would like to some day get off the meds, but I have been feeling good and functioning well, advancing my career, etc. I find her caring and professional, and lucky for me, the med management has been working well. People need to remember that a psychiatrist is an MD who is there to manage the psychological condition from a medical standpoint. Since my first two visits, my appointments with her have only been for about 20 minutes. She is not there to hear all my problems, that is what the therapist is for. Just my 2 cents worth.

Awful! show details Awful!
Oct 27th, 2010

She does not care about her patients, just interested in handing out medication after a very brief discussion. The office is terrible at calling people back and the billing department is awful as well. Overall, I believe she is in this business for the money, not to help her patients.

May 25th, 2010

After the initial process of diagnosis, my visits with Dr. Cordero have been less than agreeable. I find her condescending,judgmental, and less than attentive to follow up concerns such as the reporting of possible side effects.I feel there is an unnecessary increase in dosage while in her care and a lack of talk therapy during a visit. My average time spent in session with Dr. Cordero has averaged 18 minutes and costs more than $100. She plans to double my dose of medication over the course of the next two weeks,with out seeing me face to face and after I reported feeling "good"

Jul 17th, 2009

Horrible patient care.DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!