Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Difficult office, No help from doctor show details Difficult office, No help from doctor
by JJ on Mar 6th, 2015

The first time I saw the doc, she was nice enough. Asked me questions, ran appropriate tests. However, when the tests came back negative, there was nothing further she could do, even thought she noted I had symptoms that would normally be produced by a neurological condition. Later when I was trying to transfer because of insurance from another neurologist to her, I had a lot of trouble scheduling. Every time I called, the staff would tell me something different about what was needed to get an appointment there, or any other question I asked would also be answered differently with each call. And the staff would shout at me. In the end, the doctor said she would treat my migraines, but not anything else and she did not care to examine any test result I wanted to show her and get advice on, or anything else unrelated to migraines. I despair of finding any decent neurologist in the entire metropolitan area. The only decent one I ever met is in an HMO which I won't use again.

quality care show details quality care
by Carol C. on Feb 17th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Dietrich for several years. I never feel rushed. She asks questions for a deeper understanding of the problems. I find her smart and effective in her treatment.

Awful experience show details Awful experience
Sep 18th, 2011

My experience with this doctor has been awful! After a month of doing sleep tests, I was told that I would need a consult with Dr. Dietrich and they could see me in two months. They also refused to tell me any information on my results. After two months of wondering, my husband and I finally see her; The office staff forgot to give me a medical history form to fill out so I started to fill it out while they were taking my vitals. The doctor comes in without even introducing herself and rudely asked if I was finished. When I was finally done filling it out, she comes in introduces herself and when my husband went to shake her hand, she just stared at it and proceeded to ignore him. She flew through my diagnosis, gave me a prescription and made me feel like I was a burden to her. I went to fill the prescription right away and the pharmacy said there is an issue with it and they were going to get hold of my doctor. Two weeks later and I still don't hear anything. I called my insurance and found out that they had contacted my doctor, saying that I had to try other meds before they would cover the meds she prescribed. I would never recommend her to others. She treated me like I was a nuisance and a burden to her day. I will be finding another neurologist to monitor my treatment.

Office staff and procedures extremely slow and lack care show details Office staff and procedures extremely slow and lack care
Oct 31st, 2010

Extremely slow to schedule appointments and procedures. It took four calls before they let me know the standard wait time for referrals was two weeks. The office staff would promise to call back but would not by the end of the following day. I would wait two days but then had to call them back. They process the patient as though they were a document forgetting that many patients are not sure what their problem is or why earlier tests showed abnormal results. The lack the ability to understand you are worried. My test results were abnormal. Took three weeks for a consult and soonest f/u visit available in two and a half months. Office staff requires two weeks to schedule f/u MRI stating paperwork needs. Insurance company cleared procedure that same day and radiology scheduled procedure in four days. Meanwhile, have not heard back from office staff. They need to let patient know their patient load is maxed, waits are lengthy and it's best if they refer new patients to a more timely and caring physicians office.

Oct 31st, 2009

This doctor precribed 500 mg of keppra XR on top of my Dilantin in order to taper me off Dilantin due to a reaction after 35 years on it. I was told by her if I have a reaction she would say "I will tell you it is in your head". I suffered a major headache and dizziness, and she never bothered to build it up in my system. Instead, she wanted me to take it in one fell swoop. Dr. Dietrich never returned my call on a Saturday when this happened, and she was the Neurologist on call. The office staff is slow and waits are long. I waited over an hour in the waiting room and 30 minutes in the patient room. Her bedside manner is horrible and it is either her way or the highway.

Up to Date on techniques and treatment show details Up to Date on techniques and treatment
by Citysearch User on Dec 20th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I have been going to Dr. Dietrich for 8 years for headaches. She has been treating me successfully for them and is willing to try new treat...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com