Dr. Marlene Murphy-Setzko MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Enfield, CT

• Good
  • Bad

November 15th, 2016
Staff relayed info to MD inaccurately; MD did not follow through with my problem even after apologized for her mistake. Gave her the benefit of another chance and she dropped the ball again !!

August 3rd, 2016
Dr. Murphy Setzko has been my urologist for 10 plus years & has left the group she was affiliated with & I am trying to locate her. I have searched local hospitals in the area & they don't seem to have any info.

March 31st, 2016
I actually look forward to my visits with Dr Murphy. We have a good time and lots of laughs. She has solved a severe OAB for me. If you have one, you can relate to the anxiety and feelings of panic you have all the time. She recommended a pessory device that is similar to an IUD for the bladder. When inserted, it lifts the uterus which takes the pressure off the bladder. It works like a charm to the point that I never even think about my bladder.

January 19th, 2016
She has been my physician for years; I cannot say enough about her. Practical, courteous, respectful and delightfully direct. She is a breath of fresh air in field that usually is rather staid and dry.

June 16th, 2015
Excellent doctor that takes the time with her patients.

April 8th, 2015
This was my second urologist I went to. My last moved out of state and I had a awful experience with her because she racked my bills so high with things I didn't need to do. I was beyond excited to finally get anwsers and the only doctor female closest was Hartford. Hour away. The place looks like a old hotel remade into a hostipal. The staff were rude and couldn't find the darn key for the bathroom. I waited 15mins! For the doctor. When I walked into the room it was APPAULLING! Their was rust on machines and the bed. The floors were old and dirty. The door to the room slide and barely stayed shut! And the bed didn't have a curtain around it!!!! I texted my mom from room and told her if I didn't like the doctor I was never coming back here I loved the doctor she was nice and sweet and informative but rushed. I explained a lot to her and was nervous and upset from my lat doctor. She gave me pills to try for free and even ensured me she will make sure I can afford a therpist I needed for my body. I left with her ensuring me we will figure this out together and let me get back to you in a week to see what therpist near you I can find. I want to be sure the person knows what they are doing she said. So happy right?? NO! Wrong I called her a week later and the stupid staff member who was not a nurse told me she looked but wasn't finding anything and will call me back. I was okay with that. Two weeks went by and I called again asked to speak to the doctor or have her call me back and they told me again she's still looking. So instead of bothering them again I finished my trail pills and called a month later and wanted to know my next step and if she found anything. Low and behold nothing new and doctor wouldn't personally call me back. By then I was upset here again I found a doctor who cared more about being paid then taking care of their patient. I waited another couple weeks for a phone call back and heard nothing. Almost two months later and trail pills finished over sometime now. I called and told the staff member I had enough the doctor had twenty four hours to call me back or im choosing another doctor. She never called me back even till this day. I was honestly so hurt after dealing with this medical issue having one doctor move out of state after seeing her two times and having to find another one I was drained. Got a bill in for appointment month after that in the new year and I payed it off. I would never recommend this building or this doctor. She should be ashamed of herself.

January 6th, 2012
Exceptional Urologist!
Certainly one of my best experiences with the medical community. Highly professional, exceptional bedside manner.

December 6th, 2011
Best Experience in My 52 Years
I visited Sr. Murphy last week and was blown away by her. I have never experienced such a warm and caring physician as Dr. Murphy. I left my former Urologist to go to Dr. Murphy and I am so glad I did. Dr. Murphy took the time to actually talk to me as a person who cares. I guess I never experienced that before. To all you men who are concerned with having a woman doctor as your Urologist, Dr. Murphy is hands down the best Urologist and physician I have have ever met. Thank you Dr. Murphy.

July 19th, 2008
Dr. Murphy should be cloned!!!
From our first meeting w/her [almost an hour] to the present we have adored Dr. Murphy -- a real person, compassionate, kind, caring -- all doctors should be so prompt, personable, professional, yet human. From his initial appt., through surgery preparations and afterwards she exhibited such concern. She saved my husband's life so we could never say enough positive things about this wonderful doctor!!!

June 13th, 2017