Dr. Marlis Pacifico MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

December 16th, 2015
A bit strange but a good doctor.
She makes me feel uncomfortable. She doesn't acknowledge when you ask a question- just stares. But she will answer your questions. The interaction is a little strange. If you don't mind that, she is very smart and a good doc. I just need someone who I can relate to better.

August 8th, 2014
I went to this 'doctor' for about 4 years. By far and away, the worst doctor I have been in contact in my entire life. Missed diagnoses; improper prescriptions; judgmental; a high-brow approach. Her office would call with test results and fumble through answers. She should have always been the one to call with test results. She consistently has openings in her practice over the four years I attended her practice; however, the red flags and reasons are a plenty. She is a liability to your proper diagnosis and overall care. Two thumbs down.

April 1st, 2013
After receiving x-rays, someone from her office called to tell me the results and gave me a fairly scary diagnosis. That person then tried to get off the phone immediately. When I tried to ask questions she said Dr Pacifico would call me later. I proceeded to look up my condition on the Mayo Clinic's website and sound out that it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought. Near the end of the day I got a phone call from a person, who was not Dr Pacifico who proceeded to attempt to explain my condition. When her information (very basic stuff) conflicted with what I read on the Mayo Clinic's website, I asked if she was a doctor and she responded "I'm the person who knows what your condition is." I asked again and she said "no." I think it is very unprofessional and perhaps unethical to have a non-doctor call a patient to explain their medical condition and answer their medical questions.

April 12th, 2012
Very good Doctor for myself :)
DR. Pacifico is a very good match for myself. Not only does she know her "stuff", she's very open and has a Dry sense of humor. I feel at ease in her care. I like her office and staff. I have never had any problem of any sort here.

March 25th, 2011
Poor Care
I am 24 and have been seeing Dr. Pacifico since 2007 at the age of 21 I went in complaining of severe to moderate (changes daily) pain in my abdomen after every meal. Three years of pain and an eventual emergency room trip discovered that I had gull stones and needed to have my gull bladder removed, because I was so young Dr. Pacifico did not feel that a simple ultrasound was necessary. Instead she prescribed dulcolax and told me I needed to loose weight. However when I went in again explaining that I was still in pain and had dropped 30lbs in 1 1/2 years time w/out really trying, she seemed unconcerned. I have just recently been diagnosed with IBS on top of having my gull bladder taken out and can't help but feel that if all of this had been caught even 4 yrs ago my life may not have been so disrupted affecting jobs and school. As a side note prescribing me dulcalax repeatedly has lead to my becoming violently ill whenever I do take it. And if once she said lets work on our communication w/ one another so we can get you the kind of care you need instead of treating me based solely on my age which obviously doesn't match the health problems I have had. She might still be my doctor.

March 16th, 2009