A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marlyn Mayo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marlyn Mayo, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mayo
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Mayo Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marlyn Mayo, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis (Biliary)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mayo graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Mayo has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marlyn Jean Mayo MD is a female Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Marlyn J. Mayo practice?
- Dr. Marlyn Mayo has 3 office locations.
Dr. Marlyn Mayo practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Tyler, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Dallas, TX.
See Tyler Internists and Tyler Gastroenterologists.