Dr. Marnin Fischbach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 6th, 2016
Very unprofessional. I often had to wait 10-15 minutes for every appointment (which typically only lasted 5-10 minutes), but the one time I was running 5 minutes late and he was on time, he called to lecture me about the importance of being on time. Another time (the last time I ever saw him), I was waiting for over 30 minutes and saw him call someone else into his office before me. After she left, he called my phone and told me I had missed my appointment. I had to notify him that I had been in the waiting room the whole time. At first, he didn't believe me and then he said I needed to sit in a more visible area (I was sitting behind a small wall partition beside a table of books and magazines). If that's the case, he shouldn't put chairs where he doesn't want clients to sit. As I was leaving that appointment and writing out my co-pay, he told me to also write a check for my missed appointment from the week before. I told him I had re-scheduled that appointment and he literally just replied "No." He then proceeded to tell me that he had had to call me to re-schedule the appointment after I no-showed. I pulled out my phone, showed him the day and time I called him and the time he called back to re-schedule my appointment two days before the scheduled appointment. He said because I called at 3:30 p.m. and my appointment was at 10:30 a.m. two days later, it didn't meet his 48-hour cancellation policy and I still owed him. He had never informed me of a 48-hour cancellation policy, including when I spoke to him on the phone to re-schedule, nor is it in the new client paperwork or on his web site. I paid him anyhow and left, telling him I wouldn't bother to re-schedule. It would be one thing if he had simply made a mistake, but he basically called me a liar and couldn't be bothered to apologize for doing so.

December 25th, 2015
Pittsburgh Psychiatrist who really cares
Psychiatrists are impossible to find in Pittsburgh, but not only did Dr. Fischbach make an appointment within a week, but he also found a treatment for my social anxiety almost immediately, to the point where I went from hiding in a hotel room to fielding multiple job offers over the course of a few months. Granted, past performance is not indicative of future results - but he changed my life.

January 21st, 2015
He Saved Me
For years my PCP doctors were struggling to properly diagnose me. I was referred to Dr. Fischbach and I can't even explain how great I feel now. Within 1 session he properly diagnosed me and within 1 month I actually felt normal again. It had been so long, years; I had actually forgotten what "normal" was. He saved me! If you're looking for answers, he's the one to go to.

November 12th, 2013
This man is amazing!
I have been on and off medication for over 12 years and seen at least a half dozen psychiatrists. I never felt like anything really helped and was about to give up hope of ever feeling better until I met Dr. Fischbach. Within just a few visits he had me feeling better than I have ever felt before. He is amazing and is not afraid to try anything to get you to feel the best you can. He found the right combination of medication for me, which I thought never existed. He is a brilliant man and I would recommend him to anyone.

September 12th, 2012
Dr seemed disinterested in treating me when he learned that I had multiple diagnosis.

August 9th, 2012
A professional who listens and really understands pharmacology in relation to a patient's needs.
Dr. Fischbach listens to symptoms and included the patient in treatment planning. Very knowledgable!

June 25th, 2012
Dr. Marnin Fischbach is excellent
He has been reliable, dependable. He has cared for me well. He is aware of my needs and is supportive. His methods are improving my quality of life.

June 14th, 2012
Gave me my life back
I have been with Dr. fischbach over 7 years and will never leave. It took me many doctors before I found him. He was the first doctor whom I felt treated me with respect, dignity, and took the pain I was feeling when I first met him, very seriously. My life is wonderful now, and although he doesn't like when I tell him this, but I believe it is in large part, the treatment I have received from him.

June 7th, 2012
Dr. Fischbach
I am especially glad to be a patient of the "good doctor". I have been a patient for about 3+ years and the experience has been delightful. I was diagnosed with bipolar depression prior to meeting Dr. Fischbach. I've learned so much about the illness from personal reading.But I learn more and more about myself and the illness from Dr. Fischbach.I was recently tested for lithium levels among other things. There was a problem and I was notified by his office immediately. I was surprised at the level of concern AND I was instructed to see the doctor right away. I feel better knowing that my tests are reviewed along with necessary follow-up.

June 6th, 2012
Dr. Fischbach is highly recommended
Dr. Fischbach has been a tremendous help to me. If you are in need of a mental health care professional then you should make an appointment to see him. I would not hesitate in taking my children and my parents to him. He really cares about his patients and HE LISTENS!!!

May 13th, 2012
Dr. Fischbach provides quality care
I've been seeing Dr. Fischbach for about 8 years and he has helped me tremendously. I'm not sure where I would be right now without his guidance and care. He is very matter of fact and gets to the point. He is not pushy and listens to the needs and concerns of his patients to ensure they get the best treatment.

May 1st, 2012
Excellent and very knowledgeable Dr. He cares about my health and the results of the medicine he has prescribed. Very open to discussing potentially raising and lowering dosage based on how my body is reacting. I drive well over an hour to get to his office because he is THAT good.