Nephrologist
8635 W 3rd St
Ste 292W
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-271-5784
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

Been with him for over 20 yrs. He kept me alive when all others didn't think I was going to make it. Dr Gets it done to provide the best care and his office is the best. He is my hero!!

|  Dr. Fichman, the Doctor every one wishes to have  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

Dr. Fichman has proven to be a blessing to have. Through my Kidney condition Dr. Fichman has been attentive in every step of the process. I am amazed at his dedication towards his patients surpasses the traditional realm. He has excellent bedside manners even during the time my insurance did not cover me being his patient. The day after my transplant he spotted me in the hospital and came in to visit and was very caring and attentive. This occurred in May, the next month when my insurance changed, I switched back to Dr. Fichman. Since my transplant I have encountered a few incidents. Dr. Fichman has treated and cared for me as if I was a family member. These days this is very rare. I appreciate all his dedication to my case because the last Dr. treated me like a number and I can certainly appreciate his attention to detail and the "Care" he has given me. Thank you Dr. Fichman for being so wonderful. I don't want to leave out the staff. From the moment I call Lucy is very forthcoming with care and attention. I can't imagine not having him as my Doctor. ~ Maria L Quinonez

|  NOT Recommended for new patients  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

One positive: he was quite good about responding to his paging service in one instance, when my wife needed a prescription late at night before we were to fly out of town early the next morning.Tip: if you don't want to wait in the waiting room for a very long time, try to see him right at the beginning of his day.The negatives: I was seeing him once every three months for a few years, and he never remembered me. I always had to remind him about everything HE was prescribing me and what my treatment history with him was. Being 50 years out of medical school is not an automatic disqualification for being a good doctor, but after seeing him all those times I do feel that he simply is not as sharp as he once was.His bedside manner is terrible. He is only friendly with his long-time patients. By long-time, I really do mean decades. (Did I mention I saw him four times per year for about four years?)It has taken me this long to switch doctors because I didn't want to go through the hassle of the discontinuity of service. Years later, I realize this was a mistake as I never really did become a patient he knew.

|  Excellent Physician!  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Dr. Fichamn is very thorough and knowledgeable physician. He is very caring for his patients. Calls back immediately with results. Always available to speak with. Very friendly office staff.

|  Dr. Fichman more than a doctor, became family. . .  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

My sister was treated for several years by Dr. Fichman with an extremely rare and complicated kidney disease, frequently requiring hospitalization. Not only was it managed well, he found a way for the stone forming process to be completely abated during his care! A true miracle considering the nature of the disease. He is "forthright" with his patients, he does not sugarcoat the facts. Be prepared for the truth. You will be better off in the long run. He is worth waiting for, taking the time, the treatment is excellent!

|  Graduated MD school 50 years ago, needs to retire!  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2009

Fichman is board certified in 3 specialties, but he graduated medical school 50 YEARS AGO! He is old, old, old & completely out of touch with modern medicine. I gave him a list of the nutritional supplements I was taking & he was unfamiliar with all of them (Coenzyme Q10, etc) & kept asking "who is prescribing these?" He'd never heard of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. He insisted upon a EKG & blood & urine tests (even though I'd brought recent ones) for which he never called with the results, but never asked about drug allergies. When I reminded him, he insisted he'd already done that. When I insisted, he looked at the chart & realized he was wrong. He didn't really listen to my heart. When I got a copy of the blood tests & finally got him on the phone, he blew off that 2 were in the abnormal area. He seems senile & IMO should no longer be practicing medicine. His office staff is terrific & I had no wait whatsoever to see him for a first after lunch appointment. My HMO told me he has thousands of patients. He might have been a terrific MD at one time, but now it's obvious he's too old to practice & he seemed to just be going through the motions. His office desk had no computer (which I found shocking) & it was pilled with, literally, HUNDREDS, of pharmaceutical booklets & magazines, most of which looked unread as if they'd been dumped there by a garbage truck.

|  THE BEST MOST CARING  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 17th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Marshal Fichman s truly one of the best choices for anyone in Los Angeles or California. Both he and his whole staff are not only very ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com