Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Mar 2nd, 2015

Very knowledgable. Nice bedside manner.

off his game show details off his game
by rob d. on Sep 23rd, 2013

He is a great guy but sometimes he isn't focused enough. I have had two surgeries, the first was successful but the second a disaster. He cut me way too much huge scar unable to walk after an outpatient surgery. Now his office won't return my calls or schedule me. They also refused to give me pain medicine after the first prescription. Totally dropped the ball and surgeons get paid not to do that.

Caring and kind show details Caring and kind
by C.V. on Jan 24th, 2013

I began seeing Dr Balk after a bad elbow injury. I had gone to my regular ortho and when he looked at the x-rays he said "I can't fix that!" and sent me to Dr B. I am so glad he did! Not only did he fix my elbow, he has since released a pinched nerve in the elbow and trigger thumb surgery on both hands! He was always friendly and took time to explain everything, good and bad, and always made sure I was aware of any risks. I would definately recommend him to anyone who is looking for an excellent upper extremity specialist!

Dr Balk show details Dr Balk
Oct 30th, 2011

I have been to him for several problens. He is accurate and very polite, professional and to the point. I would recommend him to anyone with arm and hand problems. I have never seen a better doctor.

Jul 20th, 2011

He is an excellent care-giver. Dr. Balk will avoid surgery if at all possible. He spends time with you, listening carefully to your concerns. He has a wonderful, caring manner, and a great sense of humor.

by bill m. on Mar 17th, 2009

an excellant hand and upper body surgeon.