Overall Review

3.2

November 16th, 2013
office visit
My experience started off great, but rapidly went downhill when I didn`t agree with his procedure. He is extremely agressive in his treatment of chemo & chest x-rays. If you don`t agree with him, he brushes you off. Threw the biopsy report at me. I found my own second opinion that was totally different from Dr. Flam`s. Last visit was 3 hour wait & my concerns were not considered important. It`s his way or the highway. Good thing he is retiring.

June 26th, 2013
Pleasant, Direct, Patient & Thorough
Dr. Flam is patient, courteous, respectful, detailed and informative. Most importantly, he put my Dad at ease with his demeanor and the confidence with which he gave us the diagnosis and our treatment options. He is pleasant yet direct. He has a no nonsense approach to delivering diagnostic information. He does not mince his words, yet he is not misleading. His staff members are very courteous, professional and considerate. With so many positive attributes to this medical practice and its staff, it is almost easy to overlook the extraordinarily long wait. Overall we believe that Dr. Flam is godsent to our family and for our Dad in particular. His staff members are quick and courteous in responding to our questions and requests for information and copies of records. His office runs quickly, efficiently and smoothly. We whole heartedly recommend Dr. Flam and his practice for your oncology needs. We have used his services in the past for another family member and we were extremely impressed with his cutting edge approach for her treatment that resulted in a possible outcome. We feel tremendously blessed to be accepted by Dr. Flam and his practice to help us through this new and challenging phase in our lives. We take this opportunity to thank Dr. Flam and his staff for their service and dedication.

November 27th, 2012
Dr. Flam is the Best
Dr. Flam is one of the leading physicians in his field. He is an innovator and research minded scientist who has taken the time to study and develop winning strategies for his patients. He is wonderfully optimistic and caring. You will be lucky to be his patient.

November 4th, 2010
If not for flam, i'd be dead
Dr. Flam is the most precise dr. ive ever gone to, i'd surely be dead if not for him.dont pass him up

October 2nd, 2010
My Mom was diagnosed with CA on a routine exam. The primary doc made this appt for her. At 445pm, on a Friday, the financial dept left a MSG on my phone letting me know that she didn't have a valid Medi Cal number, and if she didn't have a secondary insurance or 5000 up front, it was best that I cancel the appt. Her ID number had been transposed, so she did actually have both Medicare and MediCal. And actually, I did have a little nest egg for emergencies that would cover his " up front" money.I work in health care. And I do get that everyone should get paid for their services. But what if my Mom didn't have those resources available to her? Is this the person I would want to take care of her? Someone who's first response is how much money can you give me? My answer was emphatic. No.

October 10th, 2008
he saved my life
other doctors had told me I had a year to live and doctor flam saved me