Dr. Marshall Freeman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marshall Freeman?

July 5th, 2016

Mistreated patience

Dr Freeman has one of the worst bedside manners of any Dr I have ever seen. He may have a smile on his face and seem pleasant enough but it is all an act. I have seen him for over 4 years and he never truly listens to you and can't wait to leave the exam room. I have chronic migraine and none of the treatments have been effective. He tried very few different treatments and I felt I had to keep ASKING what else could we try. He never really offered solutions. I felt like I had to "run" the appointments and ask what could we do next. If your migraines respond to his standard pigeon hole treatment, then you'll be in luck. But if you require specialized care from a Dr who actually takes an interest in and cares for his patients KEEP LOOKING.

June 8th, 2016

Bad experience

I agree with the reviewers that do not think very highly of Dr Freeman. He did injections in my head and when I told him the side effects, he said everyone wants to blame the medicine. I walked out and will never go back.

December 31st, 2015

Good place

Dr. Freeman helped me with my headaches. Really nice office. I recommend you see him if you have headaches.

December 25th, 2015

Dr. Freeman Saved My Life

Today is CHRISTMAS and I want to thank DR FREEMAN for saving my life. I have been his patient for over 2 years and I am a totally different person because of his EXCELLENT CARE and COMPASSION. I had seen lots of other doctors before and was addicted to narcotics and practically confined to bed. My husband was taking care of me every day and my life was terrible. I was very sad and sick. I even had to go to rehab because of all the drugs my other doctors gave me. Dr. Freeman was the ONLY DOCTOR to listen to my problems and not want to start me on lots of new medications. He helped me through very difficult times. It is a MIRACLE and I am very grateful for his treatment and help. It took a long time for my body to get better and for me to start to turn the corner. He started some new daily prevention medication and cleaned my body up. He did injections in my head which helped a lot and I still get them sometimes. I am now getting BOTOX injections. My insurance did not want to cover them, but his office kept working until it was covered. I want to share this CHRISTMAS MIRACLE of my life with everybody, and thank GOD and Dr. Freeman. He doesn't treat DRUG SEEKERS so go somewhere else unless you are serious to get better. Thank you and God bless.

December 24th, 2015

Really good office

Dr. Freeman was great. He really helped me with my headaches.

December 23rd, 2015

Exceptional results . Dr Freeman rescued me from an unbearable life. He has restored my health, energy and hope.

Dr Freeman is a kind , gentle and brilliant Physician. I have been in his care since 2011. You will consider your life and well being blessed while under his care. I have been given a second chance in this life. Thank you Dr Freemam

December 23rd, 2015

Money Hungry Mad Scientist!

My husband started suffering from migraines in September. After weeks of suffering he sought help from this place! What a mistake that was! Dr. did not want to prescribe any medications for headaches and jumped straight into steroid injections to the head every 2 weeks. After the first round of injections his headaches got worse and then even worse are the 2nd round of injections. His headaches are so bad at this point that he can not function has not worked in almost 2 months! We asked the DR to give him some type of medication to help ease the pain of the migraines and the DR refused and stated that it could take up to 3 months for the injections to start working, meanwhile, just wait, but while you are waiting he doesn't want you taking any type of over the counter medicine either. No Tylenol, Ibuprofen, NOTHING! And he keeps injecting 28 needles into your head ever 2 weeks! It is also their office policy to not fill out any type of paperwork, FMLA, disability, nothing. They say it's to protect themselves from "insurance fraud". So while this DR is more concerned about injections, my husband lost his job yesterday because of all of this. If the DR would have just filled out some stupid papers stating that yes he was treating my husband then he would have been able to keep his job! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US! I took him to Duke yesterday afternoon for a second opinion, and the DR there told us that the injections should be done as a LAST RESORT when no medications are found to work, and this fool jumps right into these without trying any medication! The DRs at Headache Wellness Center do nothing but treat their patients like human test monkeys, and are in this for the money only! $460.00 is what they charged my insurance company just to walk in the door. I can only imagine what all those injections cost! Stay away!

June 25th, 2015

I went to be seen for sporadic migraines occurring about 5-6 times a year. I was given a prescription that worked very well on my headaches with no perceptible side effects. When my pharmacy called for a refill, they got no response. When I called, they said I would need to be seen again. Why? I have no idea what I would even do there. It's just a ploy to get more money. Now that I know what works, I will just get the prescription from my primary Dr.

March 25th, 2015

I think Dr. Freeman is a very good doctor.

January 13th, 2015

Dr. Marshall Freeman is very knowledgeable about the causes of and treatments for headaches. He is also very kind and soft-spoken.

October 10th, 2013

I wouldn't go back if someone paid me

The nursing staff at the Headache Wellness Centre are phenomenal, however Dr. Freeman is hands-down the worst neurologist I have ever been to. I had 4 appointments with this man over the summer and every experience was the same. No bedside manner at all, will avoid answering questions, pushes unnecessary treatments, cares more about the symptom than its cause, and is rude to his support staff. He spent more time typing than interacting with me (I understand how important accurately recording information is, however walking into a room I've been waiting in for 25+ mins, saying "hello", then tapping away on a computer for a solid 5 minutes before anything else is said by either party seems a bit much to me.) He put me on heavy-duty anticonvulsants for unspecified reasons and ramped up the dosage quickly, both factors causing some nasty side effects. The final straw was when, after I had passed out during one of his procedures, he called in a nurse before I was fully conscious and went to see another patient so as not to waste his time. Is syncope a medical emergency? Of course not, however waiting 15-20 minutes for him to return from this another patient before asking "well, are you ready to start again?" (without asking how I felt) is ridiculous, unprofessional, and unacceptable. I am frankly shocked that other reviewers seem to have had experiences completely different from mine, but assuming they are not false reviews, for their sake I am very glad he was able to solve whatever health issues they had. Since my awful experience with Dr. Freeman, I have seen 3 other neurologists for various reasons, all of whom have been head, shoulders, knees and toes above him. Bedside manner is not everything, however when it is unprofessionally bad and is not backed up by a diagnosis or appropriate medication, I see no reason to ever recommend this poor excuse of a doctor. Bottom line: Yes, you can get an appointment within hours of trying to schedule one, but you get what you wait for: expect unprofessional behaviour and hasty "one size fits all" diagnoses. You're better off waiting weeks/months for somebody else instead of wasting plenty of your time and money here.

January 22nd, 2011

Very Caring Staff-Highly Recommended

This office is great. I have been treated by Dr. Freeman for the past year and we have made a lot of progress together on my headaches. He listens carefully to my concerns and really cares about my health. Frankly, I have never been to another doctor, including my internist, who has spent so much time with me talking about health and wellness. Dr. Freeman is really exceptional. The office is clean and professional. Thanks for all of your help.