Ophthalmologists
7200 Cambridge St
Apt B
Houston, TX 77030
713-798-4299
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Responding to Previous Post  |  show details
by Julie Stalcup on May 2nd, 2013

In response to a previous post...I have been seeing Dr. Hamill for several years now...I would not have a problem waiting for him if I had to because he is worth it. I am not an hour away from my house, I drive 200 miles for my appointments. I searched for years until I found the doctor that I wanted to do my surgery. He is great!! And...what kind of person has to be told ahead of time that their pupils might be dilated when they see an eye doctor!! Is he busy? Yes...most sought after doctors are.

|  Fixed a problem eye  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

We were referred to Dr Hamill after a family member experienced post surgery problems: a cataract formed as a result of a surgery to eliminate floaters (performed by a different out of state dr.) Dr Hamill explained the problem, performed the surgery; he and his staff were very proficient; despite many previous problems with this eye, my husband went through cataract surgery without a hitch. Hamill and staff wer great.

|  4 Hours for Appointment!!!  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

Be sure you have NOTHING going on when you get an appt with this doctor. They DO NOT INFORM YOU when making the appt that they will dialate your pupils which takes 1 hour after which you cannot drive without sunglasses!! I got there at 1:45 my appt was at 2 I was seen by a nurse at 3 who put eyedrops in my eyes and then finally saw the doctor at 4:30. Eye pictures were taken at 5:30 and I finally left at 6 PM. The whole day was ruined. I left in tears because the doctor wasn't able to provide a solution to the injury in my eyes. Useless visit and location is an hour away from my house! I was thoroughly disgusted by him and his practice. Shame on them for their disorganization and disrespectful behavior towards patients.

|  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

Dr. Hamill did both of my cornea transplants. No Pain...He's the greatest. Visited many doctors through the years. He was my choice for surgery...glad I chose him.Julie Stalcup

|  Long drive but worth the trip  |  show details
by Bridget Cobert on Dec 22nd, 2008

I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Hamill by an eye doctor in another city who was unable to determine what my eye problem was. Dr. Hamill was very friendly and I felt very comfortable having him as my doctor. After seeing the first doctor for six weeks with no improvement, Dr. Hamill was able to get my eye infection on the mend quickly and I would and have recommended him to everyone that I have discussed my eye condition with. Great facility and great doctor.