Marshall E Pedersen Jr MD Patient Reviews

June 27th, 2015
Excellent! Wonderful surgeon!

July 9th, 2014
A Fine Neurosurgeon
Dr. Pedersen repaired a compression fracture of C1/2 for me about thirty years ago in Illinois. The neck is still in fine shape, and I have everything good to say about Dr. Pedersen. I was referred to him by my family physician. He diagnosed the problem immediately and had me in surgery and repaired within 48 hours. I will always be grateful to him. I deplore the situation for which he left Bassett and think they have lost a fine surgeon and person.

August 12th, 2013
Where did he go???
Dr. Pedersen did 2 surgeries on me - both with great success. He always took the time to explain my condition, prognosis and procedures thoroughly. My surgeries were both successful - operating room staff and immediate care afterwards was excellent - however the care following was the worst care EVER! The nurses especially on the night shift were extremelley uncaring as well as unprofessional. My second surgery night nurse actual overdose me to the point that as I was going to be discharged I vomitted and passed out! Obviously they had to readmitt me. They did a bed check on me every 20 minutes - wake me and doing vitals. My husband said they were extremelley concerned at my condition. The nurse had refused to give me extra pain meds at one point in the evening as she was sure that Dr.Pedersen hadn't ordered the change in doasgae. I had continued to argue with her as my pain level increased. After 3 hours of intense pain the oncall Dr. informed her that I was correct - she gave me the new dose AS well as all the medication I was due at the time and then the next dose she gave me all the same meds again. I never felt so sick and out of it in my life!! I complained to the staff rep. who came around to ask about me experience, they took my "report" and that was it. I will never have another surgery at Bassett again because of these experiences. My post op appointments with Dr. Pedersen went well. There was one more procedure he felt I needed, one that he didn't do. He was in the process of writing up the information for the appropriate physicianas, I was scheduled for an appointment and then three days before my appointment I received a phone call to tell me they would be shceduling me with someone else. Dr. Pedersen was gone. No explanation at all. They wouldn't answer any questions other than he was gone. So where did he go?

June 10th, 2013
Dr. Pedersen repaired me twice due to traumatic spinal damage suffered in different events a few years apart, The guy is amazing, now this was back in 1994 & again in 1998 from 2 totally different/unrelated injuries. I traveled to Illinois for treatment just to have Dr, Pedersen as my surgeon. Back then, I was not too thrilled with his office staff that he had in Illinois, But Dr. Pedersen more than made up for their shortcomings. If I ever suffer anymore spinal injuries that need surgery, I will travel as far as needed just to have Dr. Pedersen as my surgeon again! Yes, he is that good!!

May 29th, 2012
Dr. Pedersen is second to none! I have had both cervical and lumbar fusion done by him. Whenever I had a question or concern, it was Dr. Pedersen who called me back. It was not unusual for him to call me back at 9:00 in the evening after he was done with surgery. He has to be the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He never rushes an appointment and explains everything in a way I can understand. I wouldn't trust any other doctor.

April 20th, 2012
Dr Pederson is a true professional. He treats the patient with a kind,caring, compassiate manner. He is very acknowledge and tries to explain itso you as the patient can understand.The office staff could use some improvement. He was recommended by another family member. They had great sucess after seeing him. I would recommend him.

September 23rd, 2011
I was referred to Dr. Pedersen from a friend. He is a very good doctor and has helped me more than any other doctor I've been to. I really don't wait long and the care both before and after my surgery by him was great. Some of the nurses at Bassett are not the nicest, though.

March 4th, 2011
Finally found the right doctor
Dr. Pedersen is not only a very knowledgable surgeon, but he is caring and compassionate as well. If I am waiting more than five minutes in the exam room, he comes in and apologizes, telling me he'll be with me as soon as possible. He takes as much time as needed to talk to me and explains in detail what is wrong and what needs to be done. He never rushes me or makes me feel like I'm a bohter. I had back surgery by him and every time I've called with a question or concern, Dr. Pedersen is the one who calls me back, not a PA! I would reccommend him to everyone and I'm grateful I have found such a wonderful and caring doctor.