Neurological Surgeons

700 S College Ave
Ste A
Bloomington, IN 47403
812-331-8168
Locations and availability (1)

|  A grateful reminiscence  |  show details
by Jamey on Aug 29th, 2013

I played basketball for IU and was involved in a car accident in March 2005, receiving a traumatic brain injury. At the time of my surgery, I was in a coma. I thank God for guiding the hands Dr. Poor in my surgery. I am beyond grateful to him and anyone else who was on staff that March day. Words simply cannot express my gratitude

|  pationant  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

dr poor has help me get some of my life back.had three surguryies would nevr let anyone else touch me.

|  You cant go wrong with Dr Poor!  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Was so polite, encouraging, and explained everything using my xrays and diagrams. Very positive and perfectionism is another one of his traits. His office staff was also happy and kind. Will do anything they can to get u through a hard time. I would not hesitate to go back to him!!!

|  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

Best doctor ever.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

Dr. Poor fixed my neck twice and my back once. My Dad is an old doctor, and Dr Poor is from that school. Calm, great listener, matter of fact, encouraging, does great work, and quite funny. He also told me I didn't need surgery once, and he was right. A bad pain that was persistent wound up resolving itself as he said it would. He has fixed several friends of mine who all speak highly of him.

|  hes my hero  |  show details
by abby radcliff on Dec 23rd, 2010

my name is abby r. I had two brain surgerys when i was 18 by dr poor. I had a shunt put in and the second surgery i had a brain humor removed from the center of my brain. Dr poor was amazing. Always kept us informed and even if he was behind he would still take the time to answer my questions.its been almost ten years since my surgerys ive gotten married and had a little girl. If it want for dr poor id never know how wonderfully life could be. Thank you!!! Love abby ps his nurses are the nicest woman. Peggy and nancy.

|  What you hope for in a doctor!  |  show details
by Susan B on Aug 9th, 2010

Dr. Poor was very quick and accurate in his diagnosis of my daughter's tumor. He removed the tumor within days of their first appointment. He has also helped her with other neurological conditions and was very quick to schedule procedures as needed. He is very compassionate and caring. Great sense of humor and very likable. I would recommend him highly and feel blessed to have him as her neurosurgeon.

|  show details
Feb 1st, 2010

This doctor I think is a very fine doctor.However, if you do have surgery with this doctor and the problem is serious enough that you feel you need to go somewhere else, where the problem can be treated further or with more advanced methods, you will have to do your own homework.If this doctor tells you that nothing more can be done for your condition and that any of the local specialists would be sufficient for follow up, don't believe it. Do your own homework..it may be tough to do particularly when emotions are running high and it is all new..but have someone with a level head with you in the consultation room after surgery, if this surgeon is used in the initial treatment of you or your loved one.

|  The BEST!  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2009

Don't let some other doctor hold you down and spit in your eye. This guy is the best ever. He ROCKS!

|  Life Saver  |  show details
by John Kovach on Nov 25th, 2008

Had a very bad disc blow out that was pinching nerves in legs to the point I could not walk. Got me into surgery fast. Now I am pain free and can move around with no problems. He is very easy to talk to and really seems to care about his patients. other doctors just wanted to try and treat pain. If you have back issues this is the guy to see. Thank you Dr Poor. You are the best.John k.

|  BEYOND EXCELLENT  |  show details
by EILEEN STALEY on Nov 6th, 2008

HE HAS DONE OVER 10 SURGERIES FOR ME DUE TO MY DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE. I WOULDN'T LET ANYONE ELSE NEAR MY NECK OR BACK. HE IS ONE OF THE KINDEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER HAVE THE PLEASURE OF MEETING OR DEALING WITH.

|  Awesome doctor!!!1  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2008

He saved my life from a spinal tumor. Wonderful man!!