A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marshall Schwartz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marshall Schwartz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marshall Schwartz, MD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Pseudomembranous Enterocolitis
- Reperfusion Injury
- Short Bowel Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwartz graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schwartz has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwartz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Marshall Z. Schwartz practice?
Dr. Marshall Schwartz practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Transplant Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Abington, PA and Bryn Mawr, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons and Philadelphia Pediatric Surgeons.