Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 18th, 2015

My child had problems for years, other doctors said they were issues she would outgrow, and issues got worse every year. Dr. T. met with us, explained what he thought was going on and would likely work, began treatment conservatively, and she and our whole family have lives again. We are so thankful.

5 stars show details 5 stars
by T.P. on May 17th, 2015

I have suffered form major depression for for 11 years. I have been suicidal, committed to psychiatric hospitals and had six months of ECT treatments. Its been a long road with many doctors and many prescriptions. A well trusted therapist put me in contact with Dr. Teitelbaum and through his care and guidance I have been able to find the healing I never thought possible. He is kind, knowledgeable and willing works with any other doctor may have . I trust him completely with my care. The only drawback is that he did not take my insurance. However; the cost of hospitalizations, alternative therapies, ECT, ect. was far more expensive. I am so happy to have him as my doctor.

Apr 1st, 2015

Dr. T. is very thorough, and we are very pleased.

Feb 11th, 2015

Dr. Teitelbaum is a kind and caring professional. I would recommend him to anyone seeking psychiatric treatment. He has been extremely helpful, and accommodating.

Wonderful doctor show details Wonderful doctor
by Eva Waylett on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr Teitelbaum is an excellent psychiatrist. Patient, kind and knows his stuff. He understands how drugs work together, how they work in the body and on the mind. I've been seeing him for 10 years and wouldn't change a thing. My insurance plan doesn't cover his visits, but it's well worth the price I pay to get this quality of care.

Nov 28th, 2014

I have my life back. I am thankful to have found Dr. T. He is knowledgeable, makes things easy to understand and is a nice guy. I highly recommend.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
Oct 10th, 2014

Dr. Teiltelbaum is an intuitive and competent practitioner. I like that he addresses my teenage daughter directly with his questions and also includes me in the their discussion. I also appreciate his thoughtful and cautious approach to medicating my child. He has helped us tremendously and I would highly recommend him.

Sep 8th, 2014

Dr.Teitelbaum is a caring, professional doctor. I am a mother of an autistic child with severe emotional problems. Dr. Teitelbaum actually listens to what I have to say and makes decisions about medications WITH me, not just telling me what to give my child. He actually prefers to not prescribe meds, which I like. But he also knows meds are necessary for some people. He has never steered us wrong (or anyone else I know that takes their child to him).

Helping my 13 Year Old Child show details Helping my 13 Year Old Child
by HP on Jul 21st, 2014

From the very first appointment Dr. Teitelbaum showed his support, understanding nature, asked in-depth questions and displayed a sense of humor to help us feel relaxed. My daughter felt very comfortable and opened up about her feelings to him. We left his office with a game plan and the re-assurance that we could call with any questions or problems. Marina or Caroline, after speaking with Dr. Teitelbaum, were always quick to respond if we had an issue that needed to be addressed, i.e., change in dosage of a medication.

Dr teitelbaum is the best! show details Dr teitelbaum is the best!
by Charlot Luinetti on Jul 14th, 2014

My experience with Dr Teitelbaum has always been very positive. He is on time, listens carefully and is understanding and veryprofessional. I am very comfortable talking to him. He is excellent at explaining symptoms, medications and side effects. He explains all the lab work and responds promptly if you have a problem.

Jul 1st, 2014

Dr. Teitlebaum is caring physician that is great with young adults.

Apr 30th, 2014

Great Dr. takes time to listen and diagnosis was accurate. I have been going to him for years and he has been helpful in finding me the right medications. His follow up is great, genuinely concerned about side effects and physical manifestations that may be caused by the medications. Recommended to anyone looking for help.

Dr. Marshall Teitelbaum show details Dr. Marshall Teitelbaum
by Paula on Oct 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. T for about nineteen years for depression that was caused by a ear problem that was not diagnosed for about 6 months. I was in so much discomfort and having to deal with it that long, I was about at the end of my rope. If it wasn't for Dr. T I would not be here today as I was so tired of being in pain for so long, I for the first time in my life considered suicide. Dr. T was wonderful from the first time I met him till today, he knew what to do for me. He is so very compassionate and always remembers my birthday, anniversary. He always make you feel comfortable and he is so down to earth that you really can talk to him about any problems you may have.

Amazing Results! show details Amazing Results!
Sep 14th, 2013

We'd been to several doctors before going to Dr. T. He was prompt, engaging, caring and clearly knew what he was doing. By our third appointment, everything was going so smoothly we had almost forgotten how hard things had been. We are extremely grateful to have found this fine and compassionate physician.

Still on The Fence show details Still on The Fence
Aug 7th, 2013

We've been taking our child to Dr. Teitelbaum for a few months. At first, we were very excited, but as time goes on, don't really see anything different than our previous doctors. He is very nice and funny, which is good when dealing with kids. It is frustrating to try to get a live person on the phone, but they are good at calling back. The woman at the desk just does not seem very friendly. I also don't like the fact that Dr. Teitelbaum will not speak to you on the phone. It's not so bad that you have to fax your questions and then the receptionist calls you back with the answers, but then if you have a follow up question, you have to wait for her to ask Dr. Teitelbaum and then call you back again. Still hopeful that he can help us, but losing hope as time goes on.

Great Dr., impossible to get ahold of show details Great Dr., impossible to get ahold of
Feb 2nd, 2012

I've been a patient for 10 years and trust Dr. Teitelbaum completely. However, it is very near impossible to get ahold of the staff for help with appointments. The voice mail message hangs up on you outside of office hours without letting you leave a message.. and to make it worse they don't turn their phones back on during what they say are office hours. When you do get a call through, you have a complicated menu and the end result is always leaving a voice mail message. I've been unable to confirm appointments but they are happy to charge me $105 dollars for a missed appt., which are strictly limited to 15 minutes. After all this, if you don't get a phone call reminding you of your appointment then it's considered a courtesy, nothing more. When you try to discuss this, they are rude, condescending, and, well... great to talk to if you need a fast shock to your BP to get it up. And, in the end, these rules that are enforced are done so at the Dr.'s say, which is troubling. I do not recommend unless you have no concern whatsoever for wasted money.

Apr 7th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. "T". He is very prompt, compassionate, easy to talk to, and uses common sense to supplement his education and training.

Great Dr. - extremely caring and helpful show details Great Dr. - extremely caring and helpful
by M Hadley on Oct 21st, 2009

Dr. Teitelbaum is just hands-down a great doctor. I was suffering from depression and severe anxiety disorder and he was not only patient and kind but onfident "we" would find a solution. And it worked. He really cares and I think that's great. He's never forgotten a birthday, either. It's a little difficult getting throughthe phone line but if you fax them with a question the response is very fast.