Dr. Marta Banegas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marta Banegas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2017

While, she disregarded me as a patient

I saw this doctor for a few months. She runs a skeleton office (no staff, not even a receptionist to schedule appointments with; this would not be so problematic if she communicated consistently). On two separate occasions she took over two weeks to return my phone call inquiring to make an appointment. The second time, she left a voicemail saying she thought I was seeing another psychiatrist, which was definitely not the case. I then left her a voicemail telling her this and inquired about making an appointment (I needed a refill of my medication), and she never returned my call. She showed complete unprofessionalism and lack of compassion. I had to see my primary care doctor to get a one time refill of my medication while I found a new psychiatrist who is excellent.

May 16th, 2017

Caring, expert psychiatrist

Dr. Banegas has cared for my daughter, now 27, since she was 15. Dr. Banegas is caring and responsive, an expert with meds and a rare pdoc who offers therapy. She is direct and honest and has built a trusting relationship.

February 25th, 2014

One of the best out there for teens

My son has been to see a a fair number of therapists and a psychiatrist. Dr. Banegas is, by far, the best of them all. She was able to connect with him in a way that the others could not. He has made great improvement under her care. She works well with his pediatrician to provide the best care for him. She is quite knowledgeable about the drugs as one previous reviewer wrote but does not use drugs as as the main tool to change behaviour and solve problems we have previously experienced. I would highly recommend her to anyone without hesitation.

February 8th, 2013

refreshing

this doctor is refreshing to visit. she listens. her comments are helpful and good. she is a real human, a good human. she knows a lot about the medicines, too.

August 8th, 2012

Can recommend

I've only seen her twice, but I can solidly support her practice and demeanor. My daughter was very scared to see her, as we've experienced some less-than-stellar psychiatrists in the past. Dr Banegas was a very good listener, and a solid encourager. We really appreciated her.

November 26th, 2011

Very good- would highly recommend Dr Banegas.

August 24th, 2008

Professional, knowledgeable, engaged with patient

Meeting with Dr Banegas has been a confidence-restoring experience. She listens and works with you as a partner to get the best results. Follow up is extraordinary, such as phone calls to check on possible S/E.

October 25th, 2016