Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

Apr 16th, 2015

I loved the staff at her office- very sweet ladies. However, Dr. Roth is one of those doctors that forms an opinion about you and won't change her mind. I've seen her for mostly yearly checkups. She drills you with questions and wants specific dates for things and if you can only give estimates, she thinks you're lying and gets mad. I'm a healthy adult and never came to her wanting any medications or anything like that. I've left her office in tears multiple times because of the rude and judgemental comments she's made to me.

Experiences with Dr. Roth show details Experiences with Dr. Roth
Jan 21st, 2015

I have had a couple of challenging years with doctors - I live with Fibromyalgia (since 1994). I have learned to manage well, but most recent years have take me through a flare-up. I haven't had any in a long time. A doctor accused me of improperly requesting meds (narcotics). It was a typo at the pharmacy. I got written verification from the pharmist but it was not enough for the doctor. I had to rush to find another doctor because I was planning a trip (bus ride to New Orleans) & needed my meds to manage the long ride. The next doctor at 1st visit, dismissed my medical condition altogether. Of course I had no plans to go back to this doctor. This doctor had the nerves to accuse me of trying to be seen by two doctors. I did not know that a patient had to formally resign - I figured if I never showed up again or called to request follow-up visits that it would be evident. Oh well, she sent me a letter dismissing me as a patient. I finally found a good doctor - referred by a good friend. This doctor resigned end of last year and I had to find another doctor, again! I was referred to Dr. Roth by my massage therapist. I've seen her twice and will never go back - but I will send an email or letter formally resigning as a patient. At 1st visit I just took her negative comments & behavior as that of a fisty older woman. Then at the 2nd visit it was more of the same or worse. Now my opinion is that she is just rude, uncompassionate, has ESP, and is a mean person. She drilled me about when was the last visit at my previous doctor, when did I go to this doctor. She was drilling me for dates that I did not come prepared to answer. I tried looking in my cell phone to get the dates - was able to get one date for the specialty visit. When I kept looking for dates for visits to my general pratice doctor - she got angry and accused me of being rude for not listening to her as she conducted the exam. I felt like a child being scolded. She asked for information & keep drilling me for these dates, so I thought they were important enough to try and find. Then she told me I had too many topics to cover in one visit & I would have to make another appt. And believe you me, she did not state this in a kind manner. At this point I just wanted the visit to end - I was almost in tears & I am a pretty tough person. But remember I have had a few bad experiences with doctors and I am struggling with this chronic condition that is taking a turn for the worst - so I was a bit vunerable. She had the nerves then to try and ask questions about the other topics. I told her I thought you did not have enough time and wanted me to schedule another appt. She continued with the visit - so I went along. She had me do a breathing test and then accused me of not trying, not doing my best. I asked her how did she think she could tell what my intentions were as that is reading someone's mind. I shared that I was trying my best - she just ended the test. She then went on reviewing the last visit we had and went through various tests that she had recommended that I had declined. I asked her to make sure she noted in file the reason why I declined the tests. I'm sure she probably did not. At end of visit she told me good luck & she was sorry that she could not help me. I told her, sure. She never did address the situation with my meds for pain - she just said she does not do pain meds. I am tired of being treated like a dope addict. My medical records prove that I have never had any addiction issues. First she wants to rush me through the visit & then she attempts to cover stuff that was from last vist & current visit, but in the end she was no help and again she was mean. Oh, her staff was a little nicer, but they did try to rush me during the 1st visit as Iwas trying to complete forms. At that visit, Dr. Roth told me that I was late, when in fact I was not. I told the scheduler that I would not be able to get to office early. They were supposed to send forms to home address for me to fill out prior to visit, but that did not happen. I have scheduled a visit with a new doctor - referred by the friend who referred the doctor that resigned last year. I am praying that this one will last for a few years! I would never recommend anyone to Dr. Marta Roth!

Very judgmental! show details Very judgmental!
Jul 31st, 2013

My experience with Dr. Roth was horrible! I went to her because she is one of the few doctors around who take my insurance. If I could easily find another doctor I would! She was the most judgmental person I have ever meet and not very sympathetic. When she noticed my tattoos she made it very clear that she disapproved of them. She asked why I would so such a thing to my body. The fact that I had tattoos seemed to impact the rest of the appointment. She was convinced that I smoke and drank even though I told her repeatedly that I did neither. She was shocked to find that I was married (and that my husband liked my tattoos) and also shocked that I was breastfeeding my son. As if because I had tattoos I wouldn't do that for my child. She asked very personal questions about my private life that had nothing to do with the reason I was there, and again judged me on my answers. Although she is good at the medical side, her bedside manner is HORRIBLE! After leaving upset, I called my cousin to tell her about my appointment only to find out that she also saw her. She told me that she did the exact same thing to her and she stopped going. If I could change doctors I would! I will be seeing her as little as I can!

Mar 25th, 2010

Outstanding staff! Dr Roth spends more time with me than any other doctor I have ever had. The attention she gives to me makes me feel that she is definitely interested in me as a persno versus just as another patient.