Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  New Doctor  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

When my TSH levels became erratic, I decided to go to an endocrinologist. While getting a routine physical, I asked Dr. Brumbaugh a question about the need for iron as one gets older. She did not answer my question but told me to ask my endocrinologist. My endocrinologist gave me an answer and told me that any GP could have answered my question. I no longer see Dr. Brumbaugh. My endocrinologist recommended a new GP for me.

|  Leaving after 20 years  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Brumbaugh as my family doctor for over 20 years. I had always thought some of her habits were quirky, but never a huge deal, at least not until recently. First of all, there aren't any computers in the office at all. There isn't even a fax machine (which blows away my pharmacy). Her office is run out of the 1st floor of her residence, which would be fine if things were kept neat and orderly. There are magazines piled EVERYWHERE, even in the exam rooms. The furniture is shoddy, worn and old. All medical records, appointments and information are kept on paper and this has recently caused big problems for me. I recently went to her regarding a prescription of mine and she decided to increase my dosage. Instead of writing me a new rx, she told me to just take 1 1/2 of my remaining pills and then have the pharmacy call her office when it was time for a refill and they'd inform them of the increase. Um. Okay. Well, my rx ran out on July 2, so I called the office for a refill. No one called me back or called the pharmacy prior to July 4th (despite repeated attempts to reach her), when they were closed. I had to go 4 days without my rx, and this was not something to go off cold turkey. I was sick for over a week due to missing so many dosages. When she FINALLY called the refill in, my dosage was not even increased. The amount of time I've spent waiting in her office is also a huge issue. Many of her patients are older and she spends an inordinate amount of time with them. I spend, on average, one hour waiting to actually be seen by her. This is unacceptable. During one visit last year I was about 90% sure I was kept waiting because she was meeting with phamaceutical reps. In short, I have finally had enough. The minor quirks have now become major issues for me. I'm off to find a doctor who is organized, mindful of their patients' time and doesn't operate their office as if it's 1979.

|  show details
by NJtraveler on Jul 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Bad experience with Dr. Martha Brumbaugh  |  show details
by NJtraveler at Citysearch on Jul 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I went to Dr. Brumbaugh because of the referral from a friend and seeing one good review on Internet. I did not like some family physicians that I went to before and it sounded that she would be different. I was able to make an appointment with her on the same day I called. Her office is located in what looks like a private house turned into medical office. All furniture and equipment there is pretty old and it looks a little depressing. I had to wait over an hour that evening to see her. It seems that she did not hurry up thought appointment like other doctors and listened to all my concerns. She gave me some samples of Rozerem to help with insomnia and scheduled for the lab test at her office. I asked her for referrals to specialists for my problems but did not get them. Rozerem did not work for me at all. I later found out from Internet that it had really low effectiveness and is potentially unsafe to take. may cause cancer She later prescribed Lunesta to me which seemed to help a bit. After a few days, however, I found that I got addicted to it and could not sleep without it. I called Dr. Brumbaugh concerned of this addiction and asked her to prescribe a lower dose. She did not do anything to address it. Two weeks after the first appointment, I went to get a lab test in her office. I told her that I got totally addicted to sleeping pills and she just said \"\"Oh good, we don`t want to do anything now\"\". I asked for referrals and did not get them again this time. After a few days, I called the office and talked to the secretary about this addiction getting worse. She later called me back and said that Dr. Brumbaugh became very mad about this and insisted on continuing taking both Lunesta and Rozerem. It became absolutely evident to me that those recommendations of. Dr. Brumbaugh had little to do with the reality I came across. I then saw some more bad and good doctors and had a long road to recovery.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Bad experience with Dr. Martha Brumbaugh  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 15th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Wonderful Family Doctor!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 24th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Brumbaugh does not have voice mail. She will always call you back within a reasonable amount of time. She actually has evening and Satur...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com