Dr. Martha Ferguson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 22nd, 2016
After a year with another surgeon and no results Dr. Ferguson repaired my anal fistula with no damaging results which would not have been the case with the other physician. A true professional and I would highly recommend her

February 20th, 2016
She listens to her patients!

November 24th, 2015
Could not be more disappointed...
This is just an example of what we all already know....communication is key. When one is privileged enough to be in a helpful/serving role such as a doctor, it is a must they carefully explain things. Not only were my phone calls not returned post surgery, when I finally spoke to Dr. Ferguson she was rushed & told me she needed to get her kids to bed. This is a doctor that I liked & trusted. It should have been a red flag when she never came to see me before my surgery to answer questions I had. What's done is done. I went to the ER to have them make sure I was ok & she completed the procedure well after all. But I would not recommend putting yourself with a doctor that is unable to be there for the simplest of questions....

October 2nd, 2015
Dr. Ferguson was awesome as well as her staff and West Chester Surgical Center. She explained everything thoroughly to myself and my husband, was very compassionate and a great surgeon. Very pleased with the entire experience. A case before mine ran over and she personally kept me apprised of the reason why I wasn't taken back on time. I was very pleased with her care and would definitely recommend her to family and friends.

September 18th, 2015
Worst Doctor I have seen
I will just sum up quickly , DO NO WASTE YOUR TIME with her, She is rude, didnt even explain what I , I don't think she is competent enough to explain.Shame on you Dr. Ferguson.

September 2nd, 2015
I will never use West Chester Hospital again.
Her surgery staff was the absolute worst and I am of the opinion she should have been supervising. The worst surgery experience I have ever had and the worst part was before surgery. Extreme disappointed.

February 5th, 2015
Dr Ferguson is the best she get's right to the point and tells you how it is I just love her wouldn't go to anyone else.

August 23rd, 2014
Ferguson performed the STARR procedure which left me in permanent enormous pain. She was rude and arrogant about telling me no one ever complained before. Another doctor said it was a failed procedure and tried to fix it 10 months later which caused more problems. She is incompetent and I would not recommend her to anyone.

November 12th, 2012
Kay V.
Dr. Ferguson performed my surgery. Upon our initial meeting she was very hurried and didn't explain all the options available or what the surgery involved. I had to call repeatedly to get my questions answered. After my surgery I developed complications and had extreme pain. I called her office repeatedly per the discharge instructions provided by her office (I had 3 out of the 4 conditions present that the discharge instructions listed as reasons to call the doctor immediately should they occur). Needless to say, the doctor's nurse did not call us back until the end of the day and then failed to address my issues. She actually told me not to call again. At this point I had extreme pain and had to call my primary care doctor for help (my stitches tore and I had excessive bleeding) to address my issues. When I asked to speak to the doctor, she called back and yelled at myself and my husband for calling the office twice in one day (due to complications) and denied that her nurse ever told us to stop calling. She showed no compassion or professionalism and seemed bothered by the whole situation. If you want a doctor who will perform surgery and collect money for it then fail to provide any aftercare or concern once she's done with surgery... this is your doctor. It is important to note that this doctor has moved over ten times and across 3 states in her 12 years of practicing medicine. This was a terrifying and extremelly distressing ordeal. Run don't walk from this doctor!

January 24th, 2011
very good doctor
If you are suffering from Hemorroid, do not waste your time with any other doctor. She is veryu good and she can treat by rubber band theraphy. It is ...

May 21st, 2010
patient
EXCELLENT Dr. was dissapointed when I called and was told she had moved....

October 19th, 2008
super doctor
I wish all doctors were as great at there job as she is.If you need a really good caring doctor in this field PLEASE look her up.