Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient for the past 5 years show details Patient for the past 5 years
Jul 27th, 2015

I've seen Dr. Ford for multiple ailments over the past 5 years. She never ceases to display the highest levels professionalism, courtesy, and empathy. Her diagnosis' have been spot-on and I've never felt rushed during an appointment. I became a patient of hers based on a referral from a friend and I have in turn referred both friends and family to her practice.

DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE TO GET CARE BECAUSE THERE IS NO CARE THERE show details DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE TO GET CARE BECAUSE THERE IS NO CARE THERE
Jan 25th, 2015

I have some type of bite on my legs and Dr Ford had no idea what it was. She referred me to a Dermatologist (I have to spend more money) because she had no idea what it was and told me to get a biopsy. Also, I had asked for an MRI because Dr Ford never suggested it even though it is in my file. I had surgery on L4 L5 Lumber Spine in the summer of 2012. The surgeon told me that these cysts grow back. A good doctor would have suggested it because after all and I complained about pain for almost 2 years. This office uses 3 PAs and they see most of the patients. You have to ask for a Doctor to get an appointment and they make you come 4 times a year to write your prescriptions. I just called since I found a problem with the MRI prescription. I was told that the doctors do not make calls. Dr Ford did not order a MRI with Contrast. Just MRI Lumber spine was ordered. I talked to the lab and they told me that you cannot see things like cysts without ordering Contrast. Most people do what the doctor says, but everyone should do research on their doctors, the medicines they prescript and procedures. Of course I finally left them for a real Doctor. THE WORST DR AND DR OFFICE THAT I HAVE FOUND. I LIVED IN CA, HI, MIAMI FL, TAMPA, FL, JACKSONVILLE FL

No questions allowed show details No questions allowed
Jan 14th, 2014

While I found Dr. Ford's manner quite nice, very quiet and calming, the office rules as a whole are ridiculous - you can't ask any questions about your own health or else they want to charge you more. I went for a physical, and I wasn't allowed to ask ANYTHING or they were going to charge me for an office visit. I went for my yearly exam and I still couldnt ask anything. I was better off at Planned Parenthood, paying more than my copay but being able to ask about ANYTHING without any repercussion. I decided i didnt want to go back to this office any more after that, and so I cancelled an appointment that had NOTHING to do with my female health. And now they refuse to provide my insurance company with the rest of my birth control pill prescription on a 90 day basis because I didnt want to go back to them on an issue regarding my cholesterol. I'm going to find a doctor's office that allows me to ask questions about my own health matters and doesn't hold my medication hostage because I choose not to return to their office. The only issue I had with Dr. Ford specifically was that I told her that Planned Parenthood had provided me with a pill that helped with my mood swings but I couldn't recall the name - she didnt offer up any suggestions and just went with the only pill whose name i could remember that I used for several years. I would prefer a doctor who listened to my concerns and helped me with them. I will not be returning to this office.

Dr. Ford is the one doctor I trust show details Dr. Ford is the one doctor I trust
Oct 24th, 2012

Years ago I was plagued with terrible staph infection. I kept going to walk in clinics and they didn't help me.Then I started going to Dr. Ford - who was the person who cared enough to help me get better. More recently I had some very private and embarrassing problems but talking to Dr. Ford is easy and comfortable. I feel very lucky to have a physician I can trust, not be embarrassed with, and who seems to genuinely care.

Aug 2nd, 2012

after i gave martha ford my symptoms she started to ask me if i wanted all kinds of diff medicines,then we were interupted by a knock on the door in which she steps out and then later a nurse comes to give me a shot and told me i was done , i complained the dr martha never told me what i had, the nurse checks file & tells me i have a sinus infection , i demanded for the doc to explain what i have and to complete my visit. MArtha returned& apologized she stated she was in a rush.

Jun 5th, 2012

I understand the frustration and confusion about follow-ups and not seeing the Dr. yousaw previously @ this practice. I did learn that if you do not specify who you want to see EVERY time you go, you end up with whoever is available. But, I have always found Dr Ford to be very caring and attentative and she never rushes me. She listens, shares all the test results with explanations and is just a genuinely nice person. I'm not pleased with the overall practice - but I go back BECAUSE of Dr. Ford!

Feb 7th, 2012

I think that it is outrageous that I have to return every three months to have my high blood pressure medication prescription refilled. They do not return phone calls and you are never sure who you are going to see once you get there. The only reason I utilize the clinic is the convenience and hours since I work fulltime. Plus, you can get an appointment very quickly. I know what my condition is so I don't worry about the competence of the doctor in my high blood pressure respect, but if I were to have a serious problem, I would go to another doctor. It is not a good experience as the staff is tense and unhappy, the furnishings are depressing and dark.

Do not recommend Dr. Ford as a primary care physician show details Do not recommend Dr. Ford as a primary care physician
Jan 19th, 2012

Dr. Ford used to be my primary care physician however, it was not a good experience. I would make appointments for sepcific folow up care with the Dr. & then would only be seen by nurse practioner who had no knowledge of the reason for my office visit. And the resulting charge would be for an escalated type of office visit at a higher charge and that was only to come in for the bloodwork results I had from the previous appointment, which were all normal! You wold think a phone call would have sufficed. Everthing requires an office visit, even for a refill of maintenance medications. Her office states they need to see you every 3 mos. I just had my annual physical in October and now the office states they need me to come in for an appointment again. Trust me, it's not because they care or are a great partner in my healthcare and wellness, it is simply to charge the office visit fees. Please don't go to Dr. Ford or this practice. Find yourself a better physician.

I should have done my research on Dr. Ford? show details I should have done my research on Dr. Ford?
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Ford was rude, careless, uninformed and was only concerned about copayments. My initial visit with Dr. Ford was to get a primary doctor and a physical. My insurance pays for the entire cost of a physical. However, I was billed $125 copay for a consultation visit instead of a physical. She asked a few questions, scheduled a blood test and prescribed two different medications (without results from the blood test). Three days later, I was on vacation and was rudely interrupted. Dr. Ford explained that my blood test required an urgent retest but did not explain and refused to explain why without setting another appointment (which required another copayment). I rushed back on a 10 hour ride worried about my health the entire time. To no avail, she would not talk to me without another copayment.After researching her credentials, I realized that she is not a credible physician. She is definitely not concerned with her patients' health but only after money. Needless to say, I was not properly cared for and had to see another doctor be diagnosed.

misdiagnosis show details misdiagnosis
Nov 23rd, 2009

Dr. Ford was training a new intern and misdiagnosed a major problem. After informing her of my symptoms and problems she X-rayed my knee and said it was arthritis. I said I was in pain and requested a cortisone shot, which she gave and explained that I could have one every 3 months. Unfortunately, it still hurt. I INSISTED on an MRI from a referral to an ortho Dr....the problem was an ACL And a PCL tear that will require surgery, therapy and 6 months healing. I wasted several precious weeks that turned into over a month by her lack of concern for my pain and misdiagnosis.