Dr. Martha Ford DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Tampa, FL

3.8

May 1st, 2016
Doctor Ford is excellent the staff however are slow and rude
Dr. Ford is an excellent, caring doctor who spends time with me. She demonstrates concern. The office staff are hard to deal with oftimes rude. This is a large office where Dr. Ford works. I deal with the office because she is so good.

July 27th, 2015
Patient for the past 5 years
I've seen Dr. Ford for multiple ailments over the past 5 years. She never ceases to display the highest levels professionalism, courtesy, and empathy. Her diagnosis' have been spot-on and I've never felt rushed during an appointment. I became a patient of hers based on a referral from a friend and I have in turn referred both friends and family to her practice.

January 14th, 2014
No questions allowed
While I found Dr. Ford's manner quite nice, very quiet and calming, the office rules as a whole are ridiculous - you can't ask any questions about your own health or else they want to charge you more. I went for a physical, and I wasn't allowed to ask ANYTHING or they were going to charge me for an office visit. I went for my yearly exam and I still couldnt ask anything. I was better off at Planned Parenthood, paying more than my copay but being able to ask about ANYTHING without any repercussion. I decided i didnt want to go back to this office any more after that, and so I cancelled an appointment that had NOTHING to do with my female health. And now they refuse to provide my insurance company with the rest of my birth control pill prescription on a 90 day basis because I didnt want to go back to them on an issue regarding my cholesterol. I'm going to find a doctor's office that allows me to ask questions about my own health matters and doesn't hold my medication hostage because I choose not to return to their office. The only issue I had with Dr. Ford specifically was that I told her that Planned Parenthood had provided me with a pill that helped with my mood swings but I couldn't recall the name - she didnt offer up any suggestions and just went with the only pill whose name i could remember that I used for several years. I would prefer a doctor who listened to my concerns and helped me with them. I will not be returning to this office.

October 24th, 2012
Dr. Ford is the one doctor I trust
Years ago I was plagued with terrible staph infection. I kept going to walk in clinics and they didn't help me.Then I started going to Dr. Ford - who was the person who cared enough to help me get better. More recently I had some very private and embarrassing problems but talking to Dr. Ford is easy and comfortable. I feel very lucky to have a physician I can trust, not be embarrassed with, and who seems to genuinely care.

August 2nd, 2012
after i gave martha ford my symptoms she started to ask me if i wanted all kinds of diff medicines,then we were interupted by a knock on the door in which she steps out and then later a nurse comes to give me a shot and told me i was done , i complained the dr martha never told me what i had, the nurse checks file & tells me i have a sinus infection , i demanded for the doc to explain what i have and to complete my visit. MArtha returned& apologized she stated she was in a rush.

June 5th, 2012
I understand the frustration and confusion about follow-ups and not seeing the Dr. yousaw previously @ this practice. I did learn that if you do not specify who you want to see EVERY time you go, you end up with whoever is available. But, I have always found Dr Ford to be very caring and attentative and she never rushes me. She listens, shares all the test results with explanations and is just a genuinely nice person. I'm not pleased with the overall practice - but I go back BECAUSE of Dr. Ford!

February 7th, 2012
I think that it is outrageous that I have to return every three months to have my high blood pressure medication prescription refilled. They do not return phone calls and you are never sure who you are going to see once you get there. The only reason I utilize the clinic is the convenience and hours since I work fulltime. Plus, you can get an appointment very quickly. I know what my condition is so I don't worry about the competence of the doctor in my high blood pressure respect, but if I were to have a serious problem, I would go to another doctor. It is not a good experience as the staff is tense and unhappy, the furnishings are depressing and dark.

July 6th, 2011
I should have done my research on Dr. Ford?
Dr. Ford was rude, careless, uninformed and was only concerned about copayments. My initial visit with Dr. Ford was to get a primary doctor and a physical. My insurance pays for the entire cost of a physical. However, I was billed $125 copay for a consultation visit instead of a physical. She asked a few questions, scheduled a blood test and prescribed two different medications (without results from the blood test). Three days later, I was on vacation and was rudely interrupted. Dr. Ford explained that my blood test required an urgent retest but did not explain and refused to explain why without setting another appointment (which required another copayment). I rushed back on a 10 hour ride worried about my health the entire time. To no avail, she would not talk to me without another copayment.After researching her credentials, I realized that she is not a credible physician. She is definitely not concerned with her patients' health but only after money. Needless to say, I was not properly cared for and had to see another doctor be diagnosed.

November 23rd, 2009
misdiagnosis
Dr. Ford was training a new intern and misdiagnosed a major problem. After informing her of my symptoms and problems she X-rayed my knee and said it was arthritis. I said I was in pain and requested a cortisone shot, which she gave and explained that I could have one every 3 months. Unfortunately, it still hurt. I INSISTED on an MRI from a referral to an ortho Dr....the problem was an ACL And a PCL tear that will require surgery, therapy and 6 months healing. I wasted several precious weeks that turned into over a month by her lack of concern for my pain and misdiagnosis.