inactive

Martha Gonzalez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 19th, 2016
Dr Gonzales is as smart and experienced as she is charming and caring. It was my first appointment and I felt understood and well cared for. The staff is super. Kind, caring and efficient.

April 3rd, 2016
I had extreme pain in my legs, Dr. Gonzalez recommend I take turmeric. For the first time in around 2 months I woke up no pain. Thanks Dr. Gonzalez

October 2nd, 2014
Appreciation
Finally, after so many doctors, I found one that treats me as a whole person and not like just a segment or a gland. Dr. Gonzalez asks and listens to how I feel - physically, emotionally, psychologically, and energy levels. In addition to checking my blood report, she looks for clinical symptoms and talks about nutrition, exercise, weight and sleep. She explains everything in detail so I have a concept of how to obtain and maintain optimum health. I have had no problems with appointments or waiting during the years that I have visited this office. The staff is always friendly and efficient. The office, a converted retro house, is comfortable and tasteful. If there is a little wait, I realize that the doctor is giving someone else the same extra time she gives to me. As always with any doctor, I plan extra time and bring a book, just in case. Thank you Dr. Gonzalez, I feel great. You are my favorite and I love your hats and your smile and so does my thyroid gland.

September 13th, 2013
She is a great find
In sea of misdiagnoses and incorrect information, I found Dr. Gonzales a breath of fresh air! Went over tests with me, wrote out a plan of action with treating me medicinally and holistically ...awesome. Feeling well with my follow through and feeling lucky to find some keys to my health.

July 19th, 2013
Be patient, knowledgeable and committed to your health
Yes, it's true Dr. Gonzalez is not a clock watcher and her appointments do run late, but when she finally comes into the room she's completely there. She reminds you about your last visit, its results and wants to know if you've had other problems arise. She takes her time reviewing your recent blood work, what it all means and what you need to do to help yourself. She listens, asks questions and gives me 100% of her time. I've been going to her for over 10 years and the initial visits were not comfortable since she had to find the right doses for my medical problem. However, after a year it all started to work - and work very well. I'm glad that I stayed with her, asked many questions, did my research and continue to be committed to my health. Thank you Dr. Gonzalez.

June 25th, 2013
REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE
The drugs Dr. Gonzalez put me on made me worse. I tried to get her or her office on the phone. They never called me back. I called again after a few weeks. They wanted me to do my labs again. I lost the form. They wanted to charge me 5 dollars to xerox the form. When I expressed that I was offended by that - especially after they failed to return my call for weeks - the woman I spoke to drew a GIANT - passive aggressive - happy face on the form. Crazy bad office support. Stay away.

May 8th, 2013
Want to rot? Come here because you will never get out of the waiting room
Apparantly dr gonzales is a good doctor, i dont know for certain because i have only seen her once and my mom likes her. She diagnosed my thyroid problem which other doctors failed to find despite the fact i knew something was wrong. However she is so late and does not care. When i complained, her staff said to expect her to always be late. So what i dont understand is why they bother to schedule appointments at the proper time. Making patients wait in her office for over an hour on a weekday (or any day but some of us are missing work right now) is absurd. They have had to send several people home because there is no way she can see the amount of backed up patients in her office. I am not a loyal patient because i just started coming here, maybe other people are willing to put up with this but i am not. Because regardless of whether or not i have time to WAIT in her waiting room for almost two hours (which i dont and how many people do?) the fact is that it is rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. I know i will be getting a new dictor after todays visit because what her habitual tardiness proves is that she doesnt care about her patients and if she does, she certainly does not respect them. Typed on my ipad while i am still waiting two hours later.

August 17th, 2012
All good!
I love her. She is a woman's woman, a total advocate. She is well worth waiting 30 minutes for. I've never trusted a doctor as I trust her. I'm convinced she'll do anything for her patients. She's gone above and beyond the call for me. Besides, she's a personality, a real human being and just a kick to be around. Love her staff, too.

July 31st, 2012
Misdiagnosed by Dr. Martha Gonzalez
I started seeing Dr. Gonzalez 4 years ago because of fatigue. She told me that I had hypothyroidism and put me on Synthroid and Cytomel. I continued to take these medicines with some increases in the dose being made for the next 4 years with no decrease in my symptoms. Basically I put myself in her hands trusting her and hoping that she would help me to feel better and I never felt any better during the 4 year period. Also, I feel that her disrespectfulness in regard to her patients time is horrible. I think it is extremely rude to think that your patients don't have anything better to do that to sit in her waiting room and wait for their appointment for an hour and half. It would be different if she was helping me, but she wasn't so I decided to quit going to her and seek the help of another local doctor. I collected my file from Dr. Gonzales and took my file to my first appointment. Imagine my surprised when they reviewed my INITIAL blood work from 4 years ago and told me that that they felt I should never have been put on thyroid meds and that I didn't need it! In fact, I needed to be weaned off of them and that it will take about 2 years for this weaning process!!! They said by being overdosed that it in fact contributed to my fatigue by not allowing me to ever go into a restful restorative sleep and that it also would contributed to my weight gain. I was devastated! I trusted her for 4 years and she never helped me and in fact made things worse. My advice is to definitely seek a second opinion! She seems to diagnose and treat all her patients the same and we are not all the same! I was misdiagnosed and given the wrong meds for 4 years! Very very unhappy!

July 23rd, 2012
Not worth your wait time
The wait time is horriable. It was always over an hour wait time. I use to think it was because the staff over booked so I arranged to be the first patient. Seems it is Dr Gonzalez who is the one who is late. I got to her office at least 5 mins before my appoitment and it never failed that Dr Gonzalez was running late. My appointment was at 8:30am and Dr Gonzalez got there at 9:45am. This was not a one time thing either. This went on for several of my appoitments (which were every 2mos). I asked to be tested for diabetes and she said she could not test for that. I would have to go to my family doctor and have him test me and if I showed that I was she was treat me. I was there for thyroid disorder and yet she perscribed metformn but never test my blood sugar and said she couldn't. She would up my throid and the following visit drop it way down. This was on and on. Next she told me that I made her look bad so if I didn't lose weight I could not come back. So I found another doctor who tested my for diabetes and found I was borderline. Statablized my blood sugar and thyroid and I have lost weight. Dr Gonzalez may have been good when she was younger but now she seems to not really care that she makes you wait. After all her time is more important than your time.

February 14th, 2012
I'm finally growing my hair back!!!
After spending three years and tens of thousands of dollars on a famous Beverly Hills celeb hormone doctor who has written several books, I felt cheated. I was going bald and his supplements, hormones and controversial HGH injections were supposed to help. When I complained it had been three years and I was only getting balder, he said I needed to "visualize a full sexy head of hair." And all this time, I thought I was paying for science. I went to a plastic surgeon for hair plugs and he told me I should instead try Dr. Gonzalez first, because she had helped his wife grow her hair back. I switched to Dr. Gonzalez, where I am getting real science and my hair is finally growing! I can't praise her enough. She listens to her patients and delivers on her promises, and she took my insurance (which celeb doc did not) and her fees were very reasonable.

January 20th, 2012
Finally relieved!
I heard from a friend of a friend to see this doctor and I jumped at the information. A background on my own medical treatment prior to my visit. I have been fighting hair loss for over a year slowly but steadily getting to stage 2 alopecia. Three doctors at Kaiser, an Internal Medicine doctor, a Dermatologisy and an Endcrynologist all told me my blood levels are within normal range and for me to come back in a year. My search resulted in my having anemia which was cured with a hystorectomy, a painful thyriod biopsy and a doctor that said for me to "Check myself into the emergency room if my nerosis continues and to make an appointment with him." I was furious. Fortunately my insurance changed and I was able to see Dr. Gonzalez and she was my answer to all the questions I had. Since my visit and with medications I have been feeling less fatigued and my headaches have gone away. My hair still falls but not as severe as it was doing consistently before. I am hopeful and relieved I have found "the answer" I have been searching for. Dr. Gonzalez is great. See her and get your answers.