Dr. Martha Hierro MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Santa Monica, CA

3.2

September 23rd, 2015
Awful
Arrogant and negligent. ZERO follow up. Zero. Goes off bloodwork, ignoring clinical significance of symptoms within a human. You'll be stage 4 before she gives a hoot, if ever. Worst doctor I've had the misfortune of experiencing.

September 16th, 2015
I have been a patient of dr.hierros for many years. She is the one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate doctors in the field . You cannot find a better doctor. Dedicated and smart.

June 23rd, 2013
Horrific.
Terrible doctor who has no clinical insticts of value, and goes solely off bloodwork. Zero follow up. You'll be sick and dead before she takes notice and you get a diagnosis. Ridiculous. Also you'll wait for over an hour. Easily. And the office staff, in general, is incompetent. AVOID.

April 19th, 2012
The best doctor I've ever been lucky enough to have.
Dr Hierro is everything I though I could never have with a doctor.CaringConfidentKnowledgeable Outstanding bedside mannerApproaches care holistically - not just prescribing drugs. She looks at the general well being of the patient. How is stress, work, relationships, are you resting enough, eating well etc. She creates action plans for long term care (referring to chronic illness). She takes time to explain plan A, then depending on your wellness, Plan B, Plan C. etc. This gives me as a patient a sense of trust and confidence that my disease is being taken care of. I am the healthiest I have ever been after 20 years with a chronic disease. I was sorry to have left California and the care that I have received from Dr Hierro for the past 10 years.

January 10th, 2012
Long waiting and horrible follow-up
Both my husband and I had very long waiting times (45 min to 3 hours), and even though Dr. Hierro has excellent bedside manners, she apparently consistently overbooks. Her follow-up is basically non-existent, and we are both extremely dissatisfied with her as a physician.

September 22nd, 2011
I recently saw Hierro - she had come highly recommended. I have cancer and was having severe gastro problems and needed a colonoscopy and endoscopy. We scheduled the appointment for the procedure but two days before when I had called to ask a few questions re the prep and the use of my power port during the procedure, she lost her temper with me on the phone and began to lecture me and yell at me. I was taken aback and tried to understand why she was so angry with me at which point she said "you aren't listening to me and don't deserve me as your doctor". She then hung up on me. All I can think is she was having an awful day and I was the person she chose to take it out on. However, I wouldn't want a person like that with clear anger management issues performing a sensitive process on me. I have found a wonderful gastro who took me in, responded openly and supportively about my questions and am scheduled for tomorrow for the procedure. Be careful with this woman, dangerous. During the 6 years that I have been fighting my cancer and the numerous doctors I have entrusted my care with, I have never dealt with anyone as nasty as Hierro.

July 30th, 2009
excellent care
I cannot speak more highly of this professional. She cares. She is careful in her words, observations, ordering of tests, follow-through. I feel very well attended to by her and her staff.