Ophthalmologists
Video profile
206 Church St
Guilford, CT 06437
203-458-8300
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Not a friendly office  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2014

My children have been seen by Dr. Howard twice now. She rushes through- has very little bedside manners. I find that she is over-confident and rushes. Not the kind of care you and your insurance pay her for. Her office staff is just as rude- a smile from anyone on that office would go a long way! We are done with this office.

|  Why does she work with children??  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

My daughter was 5 and diagnosed with amblyopia when we came to see Dr. Howard. She was very nervous and scared of the eye drops. Dr Howard had absolutely no patience and quickly told me to hold her down while she cried. I went back for the follow up to give her a second chance and she did not improve, she actually scolded her for ripping off the sticker paper rather than peeling it from the roll. I've since been to see Dr. Bacal who specializes in her condition and was told that her treatment for the last year was completely wrong and immediately had me change out her new lenses and up her patch time. I've seen more improvement in the last 3 months than I did in 9, which was barely any. I left due to her attitude but am eternally grateful that I found more competent treatment for the small amount of correction time that we have left. I didn't schedule a follow up due to an uncertain schedule, but was never called upon from the office to make sure she was seen.

|  Fine Doctor  |  show details
by CDR on Mar 21st, 2011

She inspires confidence. This is so, so important. I was nervous; my son was nervous. She put us both at ease.