3.1

• Good
  • Bad

October 8th, 2014
Excelent proffesional. Glad I was referred to her.

August 28th, 2014
HORRIBLE ,DISTURBED AND INCOMPETENT
You know, they say the psychiatric profession attracts individuals who may have had psychiatric issues themselves. It all makes sense now. This woman ( I refuse to acknowledge her as a Doctor ) is obviously mentally ill. Where do I begin. Well, she is rude, cold, uncaring , insulting, degrading, arrogant, contradicting, incompetent and oblivious to the true purpose of her profession. Before I begin I ask the question: Why does the U of M Health System still employ her ? I guess the lawsuits will make dismissal happen eventually. I saw this woman to be treated for General Anxiety Disorder and have my medications adjusted. First words out of her mouth, " Why are you here". After explaining my disorder and current medication / treatment she proceeded to demean me and actually imply I might be faking my condition for attention ( mind you I have been suffering horrible anxiety attacks and panic attacks that have left me debilitated ). I complained about my breathing issues ( which is common with anxiety ) and she dismissed these issues and suggested I see a Pulmonologist and then went on to say I could stop breathing and die if I didn't. Brilliant , she knows nothing of my medical history other than I have shortness of breath from anxiety and phobia due to this condition and suggests I could die......let's see.... The rolling of the eyes......telling me I was driving her crazy with my warranted questions about my condition, Then the strange contradictions....She advised that my anxiety was probably being caused by my Prosaic use..? I never used meds in my life until I started having anxiety and panic attacks.....then after giving me this advice she advises that I continue with a higher Prosaic use.,,So, Prosaic is causing anxiety for me and she is advising me to stay on a higher dose ?.....on and on.....statements which make no sense....then she states I have no anxiety and proceeds to prescribe medication for anxiety......I suspect this woman is medicated herself and has no business treating patients. She is a danger to the community. My next inquires are to my attorney, proper authorities and The Miami Herald. A good investigator should be able to get to the bottom of this. God knows what horror stories he / she will find...I practically ran to the elevator away from that woman. And by the way according to the other reviews I read on Vitals, I am definitely not alone in having been caused great harm by this woman.

I feel like new!
New diagnosis new meds new life! Thanks Dr Kato!

I like Dr.Kato
If you are looking for someone to hear your life story find yourself psychologist. Not sure of why she has so many bad reviews. She is awesome!

Dr. Kato is the best.
Dr. Kato is a true professional, concise and to the point.

May 26th, 2014
This Dr should have her license revoked
Literally the worst Dr I have ever seen. Never once even looked at me. Asked me a series of questions while staring at her computer and did not listen to my answers and would roll her eyes and sign acting clearly annoyed if I took a moment before answering the question all the while never looking at me. She was cold and outwardly rude. She made nasty comments to me. I could literally go on and on. Zero stars for this Dr and the University of Miami should be ashamed to have employed this Doctor

March 4th, 2014
She's a waste of Oxygen
Terrible, cold, rigid individual who has no business treating others for psychiatric issues. OCD with time issue compulsions, if you're a minute late, she probably won't even see you no matter the reason. In fact, she will let you sit out in the waiting room for an extended period of time before sending one of her lackies out to tell you she is not going to see you (she is too chicken to come out herself). She is a deliberate passive aggressive. No Respect. No consideration. No professionalism. God forbid a psychiatrist has to actually talk to another human being. She is an absolute waste of oxygen.

October 23rd, 2013
BEWARE
HORRIBLE! Dr. Kato is a TERRIBLE doctor with absolutely no patience for her patients! She lacks compassion, is unforgiving, and doesn't let you talk. I was a first time patient and usually they're supposed to take an hour talking to you, but I was in and out in LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. I'm at a critical point in my life where it can go either up or down at the drop of a hat and my attempt to explain this to her did nothing but make her treat me like a scumbag who was just there trying to get high. I NEED HELP AND THIS DOCTOR REFUSED TO HELP ME. Instead she told me to make an appointment with a Psychologist (which I did right there) and proceeded to bill me for my visit. I have no problem seeing a Psychologist rather than a Psychiatrist, I have no problem seeking alternative methods of treatment that doesn't involve medication, but this is a case where I know myself better than she knows me, and she immediately jumped to conclusions assuming I'm a drug abuser at which point she dismissed me from her office and as a patient. I left feeling EXTREMELY UPSET. I hope I find the help I need with this Psychologist, because it's apparent that Dr. Kato doesn't have time for people like me.

June 24th, 2013
Horrible
THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN. Honestly why work in a profession if you are not going to be good, and well mannered to your patients. I went in as a new patient, in hopes of finding someone who can help me through my anxiety. I had an anxiety attack following our less than 5min chat, mind you I had 10am-11am reserved. She advised me that I need someone to talk to and that she only does medication. That might be great for someone who just wants a doc who writes them tons of prescriptions, but I am in need of someone who is willing to help me take my disorder by the horns. Waste of time. I spent more time talking to her receptionist.

April 10th, 2013
Awful
I have never been treated with such disrespect by a doctor. When I told her that I needed help with addiction, she shook her head while repeating my name a few times. Instead of helping me with some type of plan, she told me that she could not help me and that I should just stop. There are many other choices with more caring doctors. Dont waste your time here.

January 29th, 2017