Dr. Martha Lozano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 27th, 2013
lazano/office
Going to the doctor is the biggest pain ever. Apparently appointments don't matter since I am not seen until 2-3 hours after my scheduled appointment. Don't really care for the staff but no big deal. Lozano is a very nice women but doesn't always diagnose adequately. My eye was starting to swell and was itchy and the advice she gave me was not to wear makeup and sent me home, started to get even worse and was bothering me so I went back and went to another doctor there since she was busy and that doctor prescribed me an antibiotic right away and with that it healed. Needed a referral to see a dermatologist and staff said they will be mailing it, never go it. Overall I feel the whole experience is below average. Long wait, feel time with doctor is rushed, staff seems pretty uneducated.

May 30th, 2013
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Lozano for almost 20 years and she is an excellent doctor! She is personable, knowledgeable, and an expert in her field. She doesn't rush through your appointment and she addresses every concern and or question you have. Let's be realistic, a doctor appointment is not a social event. She shouldn't be expected to spend more time than necessary with ANY patient. It's a shame to read all the negative comments about Dr. Lozano. I completely understand the issues with the wait time and office staff, but that shouldn't count against Dr. Lozano and her nurses. She is awesome! The reason for long wait times is because of the fact that a lot of people prefer to see her and, therefore, she has a lot of patients. I've never had a problem getting a same day appointment. If you call, her nurses take the time to speak with you and if a same day appointment is necessary, they fit you in. I've even been given the option to see another doctor so as not to have to wait long. However, I wait because I want to see HER, plain and simple. I highly recommend Dr. Lozano to anyone looking for a no-nonsense medical professional.

April 5th, 2013
I spoke to the doctor and she answered my Question!
Dr. Lozano has Office hours and Hospital hours everyday including weekends. She has 40 appts everyday PLUS walk-ins and same day appointments. I think is unfair to make a General comment about her and the staff. She doesn't double book for MONEY! She does it because of the excessive amount of walk-ins and same day appointments she needs to approve everyday! People from Sharp Community Medical Group which is an 80% of Dr. Lozanos's patients prefer visit her at the office and pay a copay instead of paying an ER fee! PLEASE bring the issue to the Doctor! And let people make their own opinion and don't take it personal!

November 21st, 2012
Dr. Lozano is awesome
Wow, I can't believe some of the comments posted. Granted, the wait time can be excessive and the front office is not so friendly. However, Dr. Lozano and her nurses should not be lumped into that criticism. I understand it is about the overall experience, but when I have a reason to see Dr. Lozano, that is why I go...not to make friends with the front office people. I could care less about them. I care about my interaction with my doctor. She ALWAYS spends enough time with me and answers all my questions. She is excellent! Her nurses are always very helpful. Yes, I wait a while to see her, but for me, it's worth the wait.

September 11th, 2012
Worst Money Hungry Ran Practioner Ever...
I've always been one to support my fellow hispanics, but wow. Dr. Lozano is by far the worst at her job. Not only does she not care for her patients, but it shows in the way her staff operates. I've always noticed how unprofessional, bitter, rude, and uneducated these people behind the counter are. They hate to be bothered and always seem to have excuses for the mistakes they make, like giving me a 2:30 appt today and then saying it was at 4:30. I waited for over 2 hours only for my to get so frustrated I had to go chase someone down to just get me a prescription and tell them I was leaving, never to come back again. I've had several concerns with this Dr. in years past, where I didn't feel she cared and actually made me feel worse. At one point I had to do my own research and self diagnose and had to plead that she give me a referral to a specialist. Guess what, I had a tumor that was the size of a cantaloupe and had to be surgically removed and ended up in the hospital for over a week. Shortly after, I switched Primary Care and fell in love with my new Dr. but that didn't last because he moved. so by default I had Dr. Lozano and was faced with the indecent of today. If you care at all about your personal well being. Please choose a doctor that really cares about you and doesn't double book and try to get as many appt. in, in a day $$$. A good doctor is going to listen and make sure you understand what is going on with your body and you leave with peace of mind. Good Luck!

July 20th, 2012
Office staff is disrespectful to older people. Dr. Lozano performs minimum amount of effort in treating.

February 2nd, 2012
not my favorite
The staff is not the best and often is too busy gabbing with eachother to assist the person at the window. Dr. Lozano herself is good at what she does but she does not spend much time. She is in and out and doesnt seem to care very much. When I went in for a complaint she did not really check me. Just heard what I was complaining about and diagnosed me right on the spot which I did not think was a complete examination.

April 27th, 2009
I feel comfortable with this doctor but the office staff is terrible. They tend to ignore you the most they can and they seem to be in bad moods when you approach the reception window.