Dr. Martha Rumschlag MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Southfield, MI

3.8

September 14th, 2015
Very poor and cold follow up, doesn't get back with diagnosis in timely manner, keeps you waiting.

July 18th, 2011
Gave them
I gave this doctor a fair try almost a half dozen times I went in did bloodwork follow up visits, all trying to manage my issues, staff was rude, appt times were way over sometimes sitting in a room upto an hr to be seen after waiting in the lobby 25 mins past the appt! Time with me was very short and I was just shuffled thru with refills sent to the pharmacy that were also not correct, staff rude again about that too, I am done...

April 16th, 2009
I saw this doctor approximately 9mths after my son was born because I'd been feeling pretty tired/down/stressed out etc. I thought I possibly had anemia. She was nice enough to call me personally and tell me my blood work was "beautiful". However, about 5 mths later I passed out at work and went to ER where they found I was severely anemic. I showed my new PCP the old blood work that this doctor assessed, and he confirmed I was well on my way to anemia at that time. I also left this doctor because the medical assistant who would check weight and BP always found it necessary to make some rude comment like "just 7 more pounds and you could donate blood" (well no, I couldn't have because they probably would've caught that my Hmg was too low to donate). I was getting so aggravated with this woman that it only added to my anxiety and of course gave me unusually high BP measurements which then became the doctor's primary focus. Despite me taking perfectly normal measures at home, it was actually suggested to me that I be on BP meds (at age 29, 103lbs, and running 5+ miles a day). After this, is when I knew enough was enough at this doctor's office. My new PCP also confirmed that I was just showing white coat hypertension and had I been put on BP meds, my heart rate would have slowed dangerously low and I probably couldn't have run anymore. So, my whole experience at this doctor's office was very poor. Visits definitely didn't result in any improvements to my health. If anything, they actually made me worse.