Ophthalmologist (eyes)

The University of Texas at San Antonio
333 N Santa Rosa St
Downtown San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78207
210-704-4100
Locations and availability (5)

|  Eye Surgery  |  show details
by Joe and Karianne on Feb 26th, 2014

My wife's first visit with Dr. Schatz in February 2013 was a very thorough exam. On the second visit, the doctor was able to temporarily correct her vision using a prizm lens, something three previous doctors didn't even suggest. In September 2013, Dr. Schatz performed eye muscle surgery with a follow up the next day. My wife waited anxiously and i a bit nervous, as the bandages were being taken off finally, my wife shouted " I can see, I can see". That was the first time she had been able to see single vision since her AVM (brain) surgery in May 2011. Thank you Dr. Schatz for caring and the hard work you put in to make this happen. May GOD bless you.

|  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Schatz is a very personable doctor who not only knows what she is doing, but definitely cares about the eye health of her patients. She was able to diagnose my vision problems and possibly even prolong my sight due to a degenerating disorder. I would definitely recommend her, for all ages!

|  Better than expected  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

After reading comments on other pages, I was prepared to have a very long wait time. We saw the Dr. after 45 minutes and she spent about that same amount of time talking with us and diagnosing our daughter. She was excellent with our daughter who is 2 1/2 and had a lot of toys and movies to use to keep our daughter engaged. I highly recommend Dr. Schatz. Also, I was very happy that she didn't immediately push us towards surgery. We are doing patching and in 3 months will see if that has helped our daughters eye control.

|  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

She is a wonderful dr for all types of kids. She took he time with my son who has autism and was every kind when he had a meltdown.

|  Worth the wait!  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

Dr Schatz is a very caring, attentive, and knowledgable opthamologist. My son is very young so we have to see her at Santa Rosa.... Yes, it is always a very long wait which may be annoying since we do not get seen until about an hour after our appointment time but it is worth the wait in my opinion.

|  Will not attempt to see this Ophthamologist again.  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

(My rating for Dr. Schatz is not for the office on Medical Drive. The rating is for the office at the Center for Children and Family on Santa Rosa which may make the difference.) This appointment was scheduled three months in advance. An eye exam is necessary to eliminate reasons why my baby is developmentally delayed. I'm a single mother and getting time off of work is not easy. My appointment was at 10:00AM. I arrived at 9:50 to accomplish any needed paperwork. At 10:50 I approached the desk to inquire as we had not been called even once other than for an insurance card. The receptionist/admin said she had no idea how long it would take for me to be called. I told her that due to my work schedule (as I had coordinated with my employer 4.5 hours off), I could only wait for another 15 minutes. I asked her if she thought it could surpass even noon and she said that it's possible. She called to "the back" and they stated there's no way it would be in the next 15 minutes. I left. This office conducts bad business. Why would it be logical to schedule a 10:00AM appointment if the wait times are known to be hours long? Most people have work schedules. Four and 1/2 hours off was accomodating to this doctor. There's no reason why she can't return the accomodation. A 45 minute to hour wait may be reasonable for a "specialist." But not two or three hours. I will not return or recommend.

|  Educated, kind, highly skilled  |  show details
by WH on Oct 6th, 2010

She was awesome. She gave us answers as to treatment options that were apparently based on research and didn't try to push us in to anything. She seems to really know her stuff and enjoy it, and was very sensitive both to me and our little girl.