Dr. Martha Sheils DO Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2017
Office staff is uncooperative and discourteous. They refused to answer questions about my bill. I was just told to " pay it ".

November 3rd, 2016
No value of service at all. Bad office staff.
No care was provided, none of my concerns were even notated in her notes. All she did was take money and write bad script.

November 3rd, 2016
Dr. Sheils does the bare minimum and Maria at front lies to your face
Nope, not a good place for anyone especially if you have a condition like hypothyroidism. Also not good for the elderly who are more trusting. Today I got a copy of Dr. Sheils' notes from my appointments and she didn't even mention my two main concerns: hair los and extreme fatigue, and other symptoms I shared she noted as "denied". As a matter of fact, every possible symptom on her list was "denied" although she didn't ask me all of them and I told her I have some of them!! Unreal. Be sure to review her notes because she's not listening to you and doesn't care about you getting better. She just wants her office visit payment so she gets her paycheck. Plus, the fat girl with brown hair up front, Maria lies about what they can/will do. She lied and said someone would have to send me my records because they only give up to 10 pages, yet my total record was only 8 pages! Another woman gave them to me proving Maria blatantly lied. Unprofessional and uncaring. Don't waste your time or money at PrimeCare.

July 4th, 2016
Terrible bedside manner and should find another profession!
We just moved to the area; a friend referred us to this office, but to another doctor. Dr. Sheils was on duty for the holiday so we had to see her. I will NEVER GO BACK TO SEE HER! From the second she walked in the room she was EXTREMELY rude and condescending. My daughter cried the whole visit, because of the way she was treating/talking to her. She didn't seem to care one bit that my daughter was in pain. My daughter wasn't feeling well and should NOT have been treated the way she was. It seemed like we were burdening Dr. Sheils. She critized my daughter more than she examined her. When she asked my daughter if she was sexually active, my daughter said "No" and she looked at her as if she was lying. She hadn't even examined my daughter at this point, she was still typing on her computer. When she was reading back what my daughter told her, she said something incorrect and when my daughter tried to correct her she huffed and acted mad, because my daughter interrupted her. My daughter was so upset when we left the office that she was shaking. Dr. Sheils should NOT be treating patients!!!!! To me, if this office wants to retain patients they should remove her from the practice. The staff was wonderful but I refuse to see this doctor again.

December 11th, 2015
I recently moved to Florida and am very impressed with Dr. Sheils and her staff. They have been very helpful in securing specialists that I need and are exceptional with transferring my maintenance drugs to the local pharmacy.

July 9th, 2015
She tells it like it is!!! I appreciate that very much.

June 18th, 2015
I have been seeing her for years, I love her for my doctor :)

February 11th, 2015
This was the worst doctor I have ever encountered. I brought my 4 1/2 year old to this walk-in clinic because out of nowhere she was experiencing severe pain. My normal pediatrician couldn't fit us in until 2pm and I did not want to wait that long since my daughter was in so much pain. So that morning we walked in and were seen right away. I think the front office ladies felt bad for me since my sweet girl was whimpering in pain and we were seen right away. That's the only good thing I can say, short wait time. Dr. Sheils had the worst bedside manner and temperament with my daughter. She was rude to both of us, condescending toward me, threatened not to treat my daughter since she was crying. She had an intern with her who I could see was visibly uncomfortable with how she was treating us. She acted as if my daughter was throwing a temper tantrum when anyone with half a brain could see she was in pain. Turned out to be an ear infection which she prescribed a dosage to high for my daughter based on weight/age. My treatment was so poor that I will be contacting LECOM and FSU to question why they are sending their interns there. Do yourself a favor and do not see this doctor.

June 3rd, 2014
No wonder she works in a clinic
I recently moved to the area and was awaiting my first visit with a recommended Doctor. He could not see me right away, so I went to the nearest walk-in clinic that takes my insurance. I met Dr. Sheils. I could write a paragraph on her behavior, but to sum it up she curt, angry at everyone, condescending, and generally bizarre. I went in for abdominal pain and the first thing she said upon entering the exam room was "I only have literally 3 minutes for you so start talking"! Then she told me she could not treat me because my insurance would "probably not approve any tests since it was clinic". She then changed the subject to healthcare in general and her personal problems. Even the nurse was rolling her eyes. I left and on the way out the woman at the desk pulled me aside to apologize. Very weird experience. I think she must work at that walk-in clinic (which has a sign - New Patients Welcome!) because no sane person would ever retain her as their physician.

October 14th, 2013
Not impressed
She is fine at pushing preventative services but not for health issues. I don't recommend this clinic. I had tvvo vvait 3 vvks to get in and the problems I had vvere not addressed to the point of a conclusion. It's been three vveeks and my prescription has not been called in. Not a caring place.

August 28th, 2013
Great dr.
I'm not sure what the negative reviews are all about, I think she is terrific. The wait time was short, the staff nice, and she was very concerned and attentive when listening to my problems. When my blood work came in she called and made recommandations.

August 23rd, 2011
Great experience
Dr. Sheils was very prompt and professional. She explained every step of each procedure as she proceeded, and ensured my comfort. The appointment ran very smoothly and I was impressed with her effort to get to know me and fully address each of my concerns. I highly recommend her.