New Patient, Very Happy Patient show details New Patient, Very Happy Patient
Oct 15th, 2015

My husband had a referral to see a Neurologist to rule out small seizure activity. I did a large amount of research before scheduling the appointment. From the initial call to where we are now in care, it's been fantastic. Dr. Backman has fantastic bed-side manner as I am the concerned wife asking soooo many questions. He was patient and extremely knowledgeable (even in regards to a very rare blood disorder my husband has). I would recommend this doctor to my closest family. He also sent the order for the brain MRI to a facility that, when I checked with insurance, was the lowest cost (out-of-pocket), for our personal deductible. 5 Stars!!! Thank you!

Neglectful/terrible business practice show details Neglectful/terrible business practice
by Christopher J Kelly II on Aug 3rd, 2015

I am a low income patient that has Caloptima Medi-Cal and I have an emergency issue that I have been dealing with due to a cyst in my temporal lobe which is causing me to have grand mal seizures. I called into the office to make an appointment and the front desk immediately asked me what insurance I had. I told her Caloptima and that I urgently needed to see a Neurologist due to my medical issue, she kine of hesitated than told me she did not have anything until the end of Novemeber. I had my wife call in to say she had a Blue Cross PPO Insurance and low and behold the front desk told her she had an appointment for August. Guys, this medical offie is neglectful to low income patients and this should be illegal! It's really sad and frustrating that this office is negligent to those with emergency related/life threatening issues and those who have have Caloptima Medi-cal. I will be reporting this office to Medi-cal. Very disappointed!! :-*

Stay away from this DR. show details Stay away from this DR.
Jun 23rd, 2015

This visit was waste of my time, the DR. did not listen to what I had to say he just gave me some papers showing how to do some exercises that I was unable to do them and I did tell the DR. that I was unable to do them. The DR. did not ask me to make an appointment for a return visit nor did he ever do any kind of follow up.