Pediatricians

1200 Airport Heights Dr
Ste 140
Airport Heights, Anchorage, AK 99508
907-777-1800
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

|  show details
Sep 22nd, 2013

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Beals and thought the office staff was wonderful. I expected the whole experience to be as well, but it was awful! Dr. Beals is a nice, experienced doctor, but he has absolutely NO bedside manner at all. He took zero time to interact with my children and the environment was anything but kid friendly. In a Center for Pediatrics, I expected there to be age appropriate books and toys. There was one informational book about seagulls. Not very interesting to a four and two year old. Dr. Beals' attitude was very belittling and his staff was not much better. One nurse was very friendly, the other was horrific. She made the shot process traumatic, not only for the two year old receiving shots, but my four year old who was witnessing the whole scene. He told me afterwards that it was scary. He has always taken shots with ease and has never cried or made a scene. I worry about his future responses to shots now. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Beals or his staff to another person and think it is time for him to retire. His nurse needs some serious education in shot administration techniques and bedside manner. A horrible experience!!!