Dr. Martin Estok MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 20th, 2013
Dr. Estok is the most compassionate and personable doctor I've encountered in a long time! Seeing him reminded me of how medicine used to be practiced... he actually read my chart before seeing me so he wasn't wasting my time asking me questions I've answered 30,000 times; when he did ask me questions, he actually listened to the answers; he didn't rush our visit so he had time to thoroughly address my concerns; he didn't chastise me for not being perfect but rather me offered realistic and valuable counsel. That piece seems to be missing these days... counsel. The practice of medicine is not just writing prescriptions and monitoring bloodwork! You see a doctor for 10 seconds, he/she knows nothing about you nor is he/she interested in getting to know you, you leave with 5 new prescriptions and appointments for follow-ups with a PA. I will never forget Dr. Estok's kindness and attentiveness.

January 29th, 2011
would not recommend to anyone
Unable to diagnose patient's underlying problem, just treated symptoms. Terrible bedside manner. Upset my family and made excuses for not being able to give a diagnoses and accused them of wanting to waste dr and hospital time because they were frustrated they had not received a satisfactory explanation for the patient's condition. Patient would rather be home than in a hospital bed wasting time, but deserved to know what caused his condition so he could take steps to prevent it from happening again. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.