Dr. Martin Ferrillo DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2016
So Gratefull
I have been dealing with chronic lower back and neck pain since 1991. I have multiple fusions in my cervical and lumbar spine. After having undergone three surgeries on my spine and being told that I will likely need more in the future my surgeon suggested a visit to Dr. Ferrillo. I explained to them that I have a strong aversion to narcotic pain meds and they offered a number of different modalities. After having various injections followed by nerve ablation with great success they suggested a trial with a spinal cord stimulator. Dr. Ferrillo expertly "installed" the trial stimulator and I was amazed with the results. I've now had a stimulator implanted to address my low back pain and continue to have tremendous results. I work with them to manage my cervical spine pain by means of injections followed by nerve ablation. After over two decades of chronic pain and not being able to work for the last four years I am back to work . These treatments have changed my life so much that I had to take time to express my feeling and share my results with others. If you have chronic back pain don't lose hope, I had until I met Dr. Ferrillo and I'm truly grateful to him and his staff for helping me get back on my feet and in a position I thought would never be possible again. Dr Ferrillo is a compassionate man and his enthusiasm for what he does and helping people is remarkable. I highly recommend his services. I did

December 2nd, 2015
Pain Relief
After seeing Dr Ferrillo for about two years for painful arthritic knees and more recently a small tear in my shoulder I can only say I consider him a miracle worker.. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and skilled hands.. I am allergic to most medications and Dr Ferrillos approach to treating the site of the problem works so much better than a handful of pills.. I can go into the office in extreme pain and walk out pain free for the next 3, 4 or five months.. You can't beat that... And I am 80 years old.. I understand the complaints about the NP involvement but that is the way the medical system works today.. With insurance payment cuts the providers try to maximize the doctors time to see as many patients as possible..

November 12th, 2015
I had a complication from an injection and got a mean nurse to talk to in the Saratoga office and her name was Linda. Heaven help you if you need help. I felt suicidal after my conversation with her, never felt so bad before. Would not recommend new center until they get the kinks worked out, like what are we supposed to be doing now?

May 26th, 2015
Never again, had to walk out.
Most times you will not see the doctor, but one of his NPs instead. He will suggest injections no matter what and will inject and immediately send you home. I tried asking why my injection site still hurt after 20 days and was constantly cut off, disrespected, and he ended up looking at the NP and saying "this is not going to work." His male NP lied on paper work, claiming to have explained things to me that he never did. I ended up having to walk out due to not being able to finish asking a question. He seems to want to inject and collect money. They have no idea what is wrong and his NP claimed that they knew nothing about nerves and to ask a neurologist, but then say that they inject in nerves and ablate (burn) nerves... Find a different doctor!

February 25th, 2015
Too much in a hurry, does not descrive procedure nor possible side affects, cannot see Doctor until you are screened EACH appointment by a nurse practitioner, Dr. has a cocky, cavilier attitude, does not use visual imagery for majority of procedures, it's trial and error.

December 19th, 2014
Very good Doctor

September 12th, 2014
Find another pain manangment center, there are others in the area.

April 14th, 2014
Like Ferrillo, but only see NP every visit.
Only saw Ferrillo to evaluate me at first visit and when giving injections. Otherwise see Nurse practitioner who does not call you back when you have a problem and brushes off your issues. Asked to have an appointment with Ferrillo and was told I could not - was told he would try to stop in during my appointment with the NP. Also, have not been able to get appropriate documentation for my work related injury. Poorly run practice. Would not go back.

April 1st, 2013
Great Doctor
Just another fan of Dr. Ferrillo- This Dr hasn't given up on my husband and continues to offer alternatives to chronic ongoing pain. He is always happy and upbeat and very good at what he does

February 14th, 2013
So happy!
Dr. Ferrillo spent more than one hour with me on the first visit. He read my MRI right in front of me and explained what we were looking at. I felt very comfortable with his treatment plan and he gave me a cortisone epidural that was almost painless. I had one in the past that was painful. I'm so greatful. I feel so much better! Im sticking with this doc!

September 28th, 2012
pain
thre are no words to describe this doctor, he listents and after 8 long years finally help for my family member. Amazing she is or will a new person soon. AMAZING

January 20th, 2012