Dr. Martin Fields MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

December 29th, 2016
my husband and i were patients of dr. fields for many years. unfortunately he relocated his practice and is too far for us to drive now but we really miss him hes a great dr.

September 26th, 2016
Wonderful knowledgeable caring Dr

January 25th, 2016
Terrible bedside manner. Cussed and sarcastic. Not a professional.

July 1st, 2015
I have seen 4 psychiatrist in the past year and a half. Three of which retired all in the same year. I have been with my 4th doctor for the past 6 months and was very happy . My primary Doctor referred me to Dr. Fields due to my severe back injury in which I live in cronic pain. I was so reluctant to see another psychiatrist. I was like omg I'm not nuts why another doc. Well I could not believe how Dr. Fields was so in tuned to medications I was on that are making me sick & I am bed ridden with no life thinking my pain meds were the cause. He made me feel very comfortable and I feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel. He spent a long time with my husband and I . I'm sure that's why at times patient have to wait a while for their appts. It is because he goes beyond the call of duty. He was writing down my history as I spoke. He has plans to help me for which I feel very blessed. Can't wait to see him on my next appt. for he will perform acupuncture on me. As well as work with ways to reduce my pain without meds. I have been in pain management for over 20 years. He is awesome . I left crying for joy so happy I do have a future that can improve. He's not just a scrip writer but a very caring Pysc. Doctor. I feel very blessed to have this man care for me in more ways than just one. Dr. Fields I give you & your staff 5 stars across the board. :)

April 23rd, 2015
beware of Dr. Fields
Dr. Fields is a terrible psychiatrist. he diagnoses patients based on 5 minute conversations.

September 22nd, 2014
Horrible experience
I was thrilled I was able to be fit in earlier for my appointment with my son, who is having difficuties of which I will not get into. The first several yawns were at the very least distracting. Guess my situation was boring him? When his eyes starting to close, and I realized he was not having a stroke or heart attack, but falling asleep, I was enraged! I am totally flabbergasted this man is allowed to practice medicine. Are you kidding me? I am looking for answers for my son, who is most important to me. This man pulls a diagnosis out of his crystal ball after asking my son a few questions and hardly touching any of the issues at all. No requests to actually visit with my son to get to the issues at all. Lucky you, the others who had a great experience with this doctor, but shame on you OSF to allow this to continue when there are other similar instances that this man falls asleep during an appointment. There comes a time when a doctor needs to retire, maybe it is his time now. With the high cost of insurance, are there any decent medical professionals where answers can be found for loved ones? You can bet I am going to be doing more then leave this review but will be contacing OSF directly. I do not want this to happen to anyone again!

March 8th, 2014
Very Pleased
I met Dr. Fields for the first time after my doctor retired after being with him for 10 yrs. I was nervous, but that soon ended as I talked to him. He helped diagnose some other issues with me, took a great amount of time with me and seemed genuinely concerned for my care. I left with an ease about me, knowing I finally found a doctor to replace mine that retired . I searched for several months with other doctors but will be staying with him, as I feel he is a perfect match for me. He listened, and even told me due to Mt financial hardship and being on disability not to worry about copay rite now we will figure it out, and that wasn't his concern but my health was his priority concern. I read some negative reviews here and could not imagine this doc. Being as some say. I feel he is great and look forward to my care with him and his staff is so very friendly too. They are all awesome here at this office.

January 18th, 2013
The best psychiatrist I have found in years. He was the the only one to properly diagnose me and get my medicines right. He had truly saved my life.

October 16th, 2012
If he'd only stay awake for my 15 min. appt. he'd be great!
And if I often didn't have to wait to see him, at least a half hour to an hour, he'd be even better!

September 24th, 2012
Actually listened to me, Did not just brush me aside.
I met Dr. Fields while I was in St. Anthonys Hospital for intense pain (kidneystones). While my usual GP was on vacation, another GP had been mocking me and the meds I was on. Dr. Fields was a lifeline for me during that horrible experience. He has helped me to recover from large doses of ineffective anti-depressants prescribed by another shrink. I am very happy to be seeing him. I feel alive again, and I owe it all to this caring man. I have seen different psychiatrists during my life, he is the only one who looked me in the eye and listened, then responded to my "oh I know I am just a mess" by explaining that my inner pain is causing me to feel the way I was. He has changed my medications using a method called tritation, and is weaning me off of the huge doses of anti-anxiety meds, without causing me to suffer. He has been patient with me, and is helping me to enjoy life again after so many years on the wrong medications. I also applaud him for making sure I have adequate counseling to help me help myself.

October 1st, 2011
Daughter of patient
I agree that he doesn't seek out any info. Doesn't even seem inclined to read other doctors' reports for history, etc., so hard to have much faith in a seemingly uninformed opinion. Have waited at least a half-hour every time (4 visits). Also seems a little hard of hearing...

May 10th, 2011
...I don't even know what to say...
My boyfriend is one of Dr. Fields patients right now. My boyfriend is in the hospital at this very moment because Dr. Fields believes that he unstable and cannot function in society, but how can Dr. Fields know that when he has barely even talked to my boyfriend? my boyfriend will try talking to him and Dr. Fields will tell him that he does not know what is going and he will walk out of the room. He needs to discharge my boyfriend soon because this is getting out of hand. No one should be stuck in the hospital for weeks just because Dr. Fields won't talk to his patients and determines their mental stability by the thoughts in his head. DR. FIELDS, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON BECAUSE YOU WONT TAKE THE TIME TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON. This upsets me very much. They need to take action very soon because this is getting out of hand.