Psychiatrists

5668 E State St
Ste 2500
Rockford, IL 61108
815-633-5985
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very Pleased  |  show details
by Joshua B. on Mar 8th, 2014

I met Dr. Fields for the first time after my doctor retired after being with him for 10 yrs. I was nervous, but that soon ended as I talked to him. He helped diagnose some other issues with me, took a great amount of time with me and seemed genuinely concerned for my care. I left with an ease about me, knowing I finally found a doctor to replace mine that retired . I searched for several months with other doctors but will be staying with him, as I feel he is a perfect match for me. He listened, and even told me due to Mt financial hardship and being on disability not to worry about copay rite now we will figure it out, and that wasn't his concern but my health was his priority concern. I read some negative reviews here and could not imagine this doc. Being as some say. I feel he is great and look forward to my care with him and his staff is so very friendly too. They are all awesome here at this office.

|  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

The best psychiatrist I have found in years. He was the the only one to properly diagnose me and get my medicines right. He had truly saved my life.

|  If he'd only stay awake for my 15 min. appt. he'd be great!  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2012

And if I often didn't have to wait to see him, at least a half hour to an hour, he'd be even better!

|  Actually listened to me, Did not just brush me aside.  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I met Dr. Fields while I was in St. Anthonys Hospital for intense pain (kidneystones). While my usual GP was on vacation, another GP had been mocking me and the meds I was on. Dr. Fields was a lifeline for me during that horrible experience. He has helped me to recover from large doses of ineffective anti-depressants prescribed by another shrink. I am very happy to be seeing him. I feel alive again, and I owe it all to this caring man. I have seen different psychiatrists during my life, he is the only one who looked me in the eye and listened, then responded to my "oh I know I am just a mess" by explaining that my inner pain is causing me to feel the way I was. He has changed my medications using a method called tritation, and is weaning me off of the huge doses of anti-anxiety meds, without causing me to suffer. He has been patient with me, and is helping me to enjoy life again after so many years on the wrong medications. I also applaud him for making sure I have adequate counseling to help me help myself.

|  FALLS ASLEEP DURING VISITS!!  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

My dad was a patient of Dr.Fields for 2 yrs. He did not help my dad once. He literally fell asleep during many visits, and when I say fell asleep, I don't mean looked tired I mean FELL ASLEEP! My dad quit seeing him about 4 months ago. My dad attempted suicide in early FEB. Unfortunatley Dr.Fields was the only doctor that had privledges at St.Anthony while my dad was there. When I confronted Dr. Fields about why my dad stopped seeing him he made up some bullshit story about how my dad got infuriated and walked out and then went on to tell me he figured my dads next step would be to attempt suicide. NOT only was the part about my dad getting mad and leaving a complete LIE how I know this is my dad and mom decided together that my dad was gonna stop seeing him and my dad went and told him as a courtesy to Dr.Fields. The bigger issue at hand is that eve though it's a lie he stated he figured this would happen!!! HE IS LEGALLY BOUND TO TELL THE FAMILY AND TAKE ACTION ON BEHALF OF THE PATIENT IF HE FEELS THEY ARE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS!!!! He also admitted to falling asleep during my dads visits. His exact words were "So I fell asleep a couple of times, yea okay I did big deal" DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!

|  Daughter of patient  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

I agree that he doesn't seek out any info. Doesn't even seem inclined to read other doctors' reports for history, etc., so hard to have much faith in a seemingly uninformed opinion. Have waited at least a half-hour every time (4 visits). Also seems a little hard of hearing...

|  ...I don't even know what to say...  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

My boyfriend is one of Dr. Fields patients right now. My boyfriend is in the hospital at this very moment because Dr. Fields believes that he unstable and cannot function in society, but how can Dr. Fields know that when he has barely even talked to my boyfriend? my boyfriend will try talking to him and Dr. Fields will tell him that he does not know what is going and he will walk out of the room. He needs to discharge my boyfriend soon because this is getting out of hand. No one should be stuck in the hospital for weeks just because Dr. Fields won't talk to his patients and determines their mental stability by the thoughts in his head. DR. FIELDS, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON BECAUSE YOU WONT TAKE THE TIME TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON. This upsets me very much. They need to take action very soon because this is getting out of hand.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

This was a first appointment and we had to wait over an hour past our appointment time, it turned out that he had an emergency patient but there was no communication, we were just left to sit there. In his office my teenage son for whom the appointment was for, was talking to him and he cut him off to answer his cell phone. I would be insulted if a friend or family member did that but a so called professional during an appointment is just uncalled for and we will NOT be going back.