Dr. Martin Getzow MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Chalfont, PA

July 14th, 2016
Wonderful doctor; terrible office staff
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Getzow for 21 years and my two sons also went to him while living with us. We all love Dr. Getzow. He is professional, compassionate, thorough and caring. But over the years we have had so many bad experiences with his staff. I can't even begin to tell you how my blood pressure would go up just thinking that I had to deal with them. They often gave me misinformation, were rude, and had me crying several times out of frustration. I always had to make 2-3 calls because they would have me calling to make appointments and/or insurance dealings when they were suppose to make the calls. Once I was out of town and forgot my meds. It took me 3 days to finally get the prescription send the local pharmacy. I gave them the name and phone number the first time I called the office but they still messed it up. They don't listen because they don't care. We spoke to the Doctor many times over the years and he tried hard to fix things but nothing ever changed. We wanted to leave the practice many years ago but kept hoping that the office atmosphere and competence would change. Finally, after 21 years we have had enough and are changing doctors. Again, we are leaving not because of Dr. Getzow but because of the office staff. The office manager is terrible and it trickles down to the rest of the staff. They all seem miserable and they take it out on the patiences.

November 6th, 2014
Time to Switch
Let me start by saying this review is NOT about D. Martin Getzow. This review is based on the office staff and their total indifference on the phone when trying to make an appointment. This is because when my wife, who has been a patient of this office for over 10 years called to make an appointment she was told because she hadn't been there in a couple years she was considered "NEW" patient and had to wait a week for an appointment. She said there was only one doctor seeing "new" patients. We went to Patient First were seen and diagnosed within 40 minutes. It turns out that my wife had a severe sinus infection. Had we waited a week to be seen in this office who knows where the infection could have spread to. This office considered my wife a "New Patient". Now they can consider both my wife and I as "Former Patients".

April 6th, 2013
so unprofessional...
Hard to get appointments with limited office hours. Staffs are so rude, and unprofessional. Waiting time is always more than 30 min. at least and you get to see the doctor for 5-10 min. No courtesy confirmation calls whatsoever. Asked the doctor to prescribe brand name, but he forgot to do so, and I ended up getting genetic brand for over 6 months. When I asked to change to brand name, he refused to do so by saying their office is not allowed to submit the request, but it is patient's responsibility. I wonder how he submitted the original prescription. So upset with him and I am going to change to a different doctor.

July 18th, 2012
The best

July 6th, 2012
Excellent Dr.
Dr. Getzow is by far the best Dr I have ever been to. He is a true credit to health care providers in the area. If Dr Getzow were to move somewhere else, I would seriously consider moving my family to his new practice area.

April 10th, 2012
Dr. Getzow has been our family doctor for many years. He really cares about his patients and has a great demeanor.

June 15th, 2011
Just plain Horrible
The waiting time for this doctor was short and now I dnow why. He is so unprofessional. He basically TOLD me I had a problem with surpressed issues, in which I was there for a back problem. The only thing this doctor is trying was tring to do is his ego. He even told me that he was the most qualified doctor in the pratice. what a joke! If you was to listen to someone babble about themself instead of cure you this is the man to see.

January 17th, 2011
Good Doc's
They are skilled and professional.

August 24th, 2010
Unfortunately, my experience with this practice is negative in several ways:1) The office staff is not helpful: though I needed a doctors help due to my skin condition, and even came into the office asking for relieve, the staff did not advise the doctor about my discomfort.2)The appointment that was offered to me required me to leave the doctors office and then return back within couple of hours, thus miss work. I specifically expressed my concern about missing work, but was not offered any other choice. 3)Due to the job related issue I was not able to make that appointment and came in the office the next day, again asking for help. The office manager informed me that she has no appointments available until 11 AM due to the fact that 2 out of 3 doctors are on vacation and if I need immediate consultation I should go to CVS clinic. (which I did and the service there was GREAT!)4)The irony of this situation is that the office of Dr. Getzow has charged me $25.00 for the services they DID NOT CARE to provide. I have to admit, that I signed the financial agreement to pay for missed appointments. 5)Disappointed with the whole experience, I came back to the office to file a complaint. To my surprise, I was greeted by the same manager and promises that Dr. Getzow will call and speak with me. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL! I would not advise you to seek help from this practice. I WAS TREATED AS LINE IN THE SCHEDULE - not as a patient with needs. I was asked to take a hike by a manager (of all people) and my concerns were ignored by the owner. And because of the practices like this our emergency rooms are overcrowded!Im not a frequent visitor to a doctors office and up until now I did not have a reason to speak up. With this information, I hope that some of you have a better picture about this practice. As for me, I am switching to another.

August 17th, 2010
Great family Dr. for 20 years
I've been going to Dr. Getzow for over 20 years. My whole family has. I feel lucky to have him. He is caring, knowledgeable, and very astute. Highly recommended

June 3rd, 2010