inactive

Martin S Gish MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

October 19th, 2015
A Horrible, No Good, Rotten Dr.
Worst doctor you can go to. Doesn't treat his patient with respect or dignity and his practices are based on his own religious beliefs, instead of doing what's right by the patient's standards. Should be sued for malpractice.

September 18th, 2015
I went into the ER with acute neck pain. I'm prone to neck and back problems and was last in the ER 9 months ago for a similar problem. Dr. Gish treated me like a child, suggesting such solutions as moving my computer and taking a day off. This is not what I go to the ER at 1:00am for. I was treated to a morality lecture on the drug problem in America and he refused my request for adequate pain medication. Yes, I read the newspapers, too, and know that prescription drug abuse is an increasing problem in the U.S. But what about individuals who present with a medical need for such treatment? Now I have a $400+ plus bill that my insurance company will need to pay and will still need to go to my family doctor in the morning, taking off from work when I absolutely cannot afford the time. I was not asking for any particular amount of pain medication, just enough to get through this round of muscle spasms. The end result? I wasted an hour late at night, got a sanctimonious lecture on the ills of American society, and my reluctance to seek help for severe pain was reinforced. Awful.

July 16th, 2015
great doctor

January 16th, 2015
Horrible ER Experience
He held his finger up at my mother who was explaining what was wrong to tell her to stop talking. Then as he was leaving he cut her off while she was speaking. He told her that he did not know what was wrong, after not looking at my eye nor head which I came to the ER for, and that he was busy and had other patients to see. I always have a great experience at the Heart of Lancaster ER, they always treat me with kindness and respect. My nurse was fantastic though my experience was horrible this time due to Dr. Gish. I was informed by a friend when I got home and told them the experience that she was also treated horribly by Dr. Gish and is not the only patient who experienced this issue. If I had known ahead of time I would have requested another Dr and might have left with a diagnosis.