Dr. Martin Gizzi MD Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

July 23rd, 2012
I have a very rare neurological condition and had three previous neurologists tell me it was likely anxiety. Inside of 5 minutes Dr. Gizzi said he saw something in my eyes related to my brainstem and some injury was likely and named the rare condition he expected to find. He said I was manifesting a neuropathy similar to MS but he thought that would prove to be negative, which was correct. This was all critical for me to have a diagnosis of what I knew was not anxiety because I could no longer perform my occupation by a longshot and the policy limited 2 years of payments for "metal disorders". I moved out of state and tried to find a neurologist and again, two said I was fine and refused to even consider three different tests each performer again 3 years later that showed progression and all confirming Dr. Gizzi's diagnosis. Locally, another neuro-ophthalmologist examined me and say in one minutes that he hadn't seen my condition in years and asked if I knew I had damage to my brainstem? Dr. Gizzi's medical knowledge and ability is only exceeded by his kindness and caring bedside matter. I know that he enjoys an amazing reputation as a doctor and as a human being within JFK Edison and he truly deserves it. I have see the doctors who think they are the final word to the patient and discount more qualified physicians. It's humiliating to be told, "you are fine" and should see a psychiatrist when you know that's not the case.

October 5th, 2011
Due to repercussions of a TBI, I've been sent to many neurologists and opthamologists for answers. Dr. Gizzi is the only doctor who makes me feel like my condition is worth his time. He's followed my case with compassion and professionalism. I highly recommend him!