Dr. Martin Gorbien MD Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Chicago, IL

2.5

September 17th, 2013
Can not recommend this doctor!
My mother and I had concerns about Dr. Gorbien at her first appointment. After meeting with her for 5 minutes, he told her and me that she was depressed like most of his elderly patients and put her on a depression medicine. Wrong! After he changed most of her medications, I was watching my mother slowly getting weaker & disoriented over a period of about 6 months. Under his care and his recommended medications, I was told that her immune system had weakened and she developed pneumonia and was rushed to the hospital emergency. She finally has a new doctor who is slowly taking her off of Gorbien's recommended drugs and she is regaining her mind & strength. Most doctors I have come in contact with, I could recommend but not this one.

February 3rd, 2013
ex employee
He treats his staff poorly, if he does not like you he will find anything to get rid of you I worked for him and I was pregnant he didn't care If I had a family he is very rude and I would not take my grandparents to him if he doesn't care about his staff well being how would he care about his patient ooh only if they have money he wil be polite if your poor forget it...

December 17th, 2011
Best Doctor Anywhere
When I lived in Chicago, I knew Dr. Gorbien was a blessing for which I was always grateful. That level of appreciation has not dissipated in the five+ years since I moved to California. He listens to the patient, perhaps for a hidden clue, and possesses deep analytical skills to see the whole patient picture. I'm saving up to travel back for one last check-up before the final check out.

September 1st, 2011
Uncaring
Bedside manner - non existent.Spanish Speaking - not a drop of SpanishDoesn't want to hear any opinion other than his own.