Dr. Martin Johnson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 10th, 2016
My experience was pl..
My experience was pleasant in that I was in and out of the office in a timely manner. Dr Johnson gave me all the necessary information about my upcoming colonoscopy and answered all my questions.

October 3rd, 2016
Dr. Johnson has been..
Dr. Johnson has been my gastroenterologist for almost 12 yeas. He has always been patient, caring and above all else listens!!!! Dr. Johnson has done at least two endoscopies and colonoscopies I've always had great trust in his expertise. He is a very fine doctor!

August 12th, 2016
the wait time was ve..
the wait time was very short. prep nurses were nice and professional. I had great confidence in Dr Johnson. He was professional, friendly and informative about the procedure.

July 13th, 2016
The consultation wen..
The consultation went well. Praying the.procedure will go well also. Dr Johnson explained the procedure and the risks. He also gave me a printout of previous colonoscopies.

June 20th, 2016
Everyone involved wi..
Everyone involved with my colonoscopy was extraordinarily professional, and extremely kind and caring. Dr. Johnson went out of his way to find a solution for me regarding the preparation for the procedure. When I tried three times to imbibe the prep solution but couldn't keep it down, Dr. Johnson suggested a different(ahem)approach and arranged to have my colon cleansed by colonic hydrotherapy. That procedure was interesting, but I tolerated it well, and evidently it did the job! Dr. Johnson's nurse Catrina always answered my questions and phone calls with a knowledgeable and sweet demeanor. They both have my highest recommendation. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my GI system! The staff at Wesley Long were fabulous. They made me feel safe and secure in their professionalism, and confident of their abilities. Their bedside manner made me relaxed and comfortable at all times. Everyone involved, but especially Dr. Johnson, turned what is usually a dreaded procedure into a pleasant one.

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Johnson was terr..
Dr. Johnson was terrific. I came to see Dr. Johnson because my mother has colon cancer and I was advised that I might need a colonoscopy every 5 years instead of every 10 years. Upon looking at my chart and hearing my mother's advanced age at contracting colon cancer, he recognized that I did not need a colonoscopy and sent me on my way without charging for the appointment. Before I left however, he nicely gave me a review of how my colon looked in pictures when his colleague performed the procedure 6 years ago. I will definitely make an appointment with him at age 60 when my next colonoscopy needs to be scheduled!

March 18th, 2016
my experience with D..
my experience with Dr. Johnson has been and continues to be extremely satisfactory. I have nothing but praise for everyone I have encountered at Eagle.

February 25th, 2016
DR. Johnson is very ..
DR. Johnson is very careful check for me. And he provide future preventing action. Over 30 years ,he provide helpful and variable medical support for our family.

January 6th, 2014
Excellent physician
I would still be with Dr. Johnson if we had not moved to Tennessee recently. He not only did colonoscopies on me and my husband, but was our family doctor. He always spent as much time with me as I needed, his bedside manner was great, and if he didn't know what was wrong with me or my husband, he would do research or call other doctors. He did not guess, like some doctors do. His staff was always courteous, and we were always seen promptly - within minutes.

August 1st, 2013
Incomplete Procedure
I recently had a horrific experience. I had a colonoscopy scheduled and I did the prep, as directed, showed up at the time instructed to find (1) the a/c was broken in the building and (2) the doctor was more than an hour behind. Neither issue was a problem for me. I'd heard from every person I spoke with that the prep is the worst part, nothing to worry about, I'll be home before I know it, etc. I only met my doctor once, upon consult (which consisted of watching a video and him walking in to ask if I had any questions)...this is being done because I'm 51 and it's what you're supposed to do. Okay, I am wheeled in, they inject the IV with Versed and Fentanyl and, in what seemed a short while but I have no idea, really, I was "awake" and fully aware of all pain and movement with the scope. I began to wince and eventually was crying and trying to move away from the scope. They gave me some more medicine and then STOPPED the procedure, altogether. I begged him to give the medicine time "to work" and he simply said "you'll have to come back another time and go under Propofol". I was wheeled out, crying, given to my husband and basically told someone will be in touch to schedule your next one. We were mortified. It took two days of calling numerous times to get the doctor to return a call to me (rather, he had his nurse and secretary call me five times insisting I drive to his office...which is thirty minutes away from where I live). I stood my ground and, after threatening to file a grievance, he called me within five minutes. When asked what went wrong and why...he simply said "I really don't know, it just happens". When I pressed further about his not using anesthesia and how he determined who gets anesthesia vs. twilight sedation I finally uncovered the fact that he doesn't use propofol because he "cannot get my hands on it". HMMMMMMMMMMM. So, he wants me to reschedule for something in the future with him to do something he doesn't even have access TO and does not use regularly. Once this was uncovered, I said I did not feel comfortable allowing him to do that (since he just admitted he does not do it regularly) and he then said he'd refer me to one of his partners who DO do it that way regularly. My husband and I are livid. I was treated worse than a dog at the pound.

November 13th, 2012
Interesting Day At The COLON
Overall Experience is somewhat puzzling...Bedside-Well nurse and staff in the prep room were extremely good/the doctor on the other hand did not introduce himself I turned around and he was just standing there. Follow-up ---1week out I still do not have the Path report...It was unclear if it was to be posted. After several phone calls to the office I am more than ready to find another physician who seems to actually care about the patients he or she is practicing on.