Internist, Rheumatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

I only had several visits with Kafina over the past few months, and Im thinking of changing to another specialist. Long waiting, he seemed to be rushing me off all the time, not to mention the nurse during pre-check-in. Spent about 5 minutes the most with me after my long wait. I was in a lot of pain for multiple symptoms for a very long time before I even end-up in his office. The receptionist/operator was awful, very unprofessional phone manner; always hung-up on me before I can finish what I was saying. For example: I left doctors order on her desk by accident and called to have it fax over to EH in Westford, she hung up the phone before I can finish telling her that its EH in Westford not in Concord... I called her back about 15 mins later when I/we didnt receive the order yet. She sounded mad because she had faxed over to EH in Concord instead of Westford... and there were several incidents prior to this one. Being sick is already stressing me out enough, I certainly don't need that kind of an attitude to add to it Thank you very much!

|  good doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

He is concerned and tries very hard to solve the problem. At times, his attitude can be casual -- his coping mechanism.Always willing to explain procedures and treatments.

|  not sure how he has gotten this high a rating  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

I have had several experiences with Kafina over several years, which finally led me to changing to another internist. Waiting long times are not only my experience, others I have met there have had same experience. The worst though was an annual physical where the nurse spent 5 minutes with me in the pre-check (that is fine) and then he spent abosolutely no more than 10 minutes for my physical with him. Unheard of. Also, when he was over an hour late and pressed for time, I had two situations, one I was in pain with and he put off checking me out on the that condition saying, "let's deal with one thing at a time". what happened to the part of the oath that has to do with trying to relieve pain ?.... also known in my oath as, "give me a break doc".

|  caring & knowledgable  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2008

Dr. Kafina finally diagnosed the problem others missed. Wish I had gone to him first!