Pain Management/ Addiction Medicine

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  BEST Pain Doctor in the WOLRD!!!!!!  |  show details
by Rhonda on Sep 12th, 2013

Finding Dr. Klos saved my LIFE!!!! Living in Seattle, it was very hard to find a pain doctor, let alone a GOOD ONE. I looked around, but I would have had to wait 9 months to get into a pain clinic. While looking on the internet and a Pain Patient site, somebody sent me a private message and suggested I see Dr. Klos. Yes, it was a 6 hours drive for me to get there, then another 6 hours drive back home.... HOWEVER... Upon meeting him, I could tell this was a man who cared about his patients, he listened and was not worried about addiction so much as he wanted to help me to be as pain free as possible. He wanted to help me get my life back, and he DID!!!! He NEVER judged me, and gave me the amount of medicine I actually NEEDED, which at the time was a rather high dose, being I having endometriosis, degenerative disk disease, Shingles, and had just gotten out of the hospital having contracted MRSA from a surgery I had just undergone. In Seattle, my doctors refused to treat me with the proper dosages of medicines for the amount of pain issues I had. Dr. Klos did not have the same mind set that these other doctors had, he understood pain, and how to treat it PROPERLY!!!! Dr. Klos in my opinion is a SAINT!!! I drove the 6 hours each way, from Seattle to Springfield once a month. I looked forward to seeing him, I did not have the same fear of him, I had of other doctors. Other doctors do not care about treating you with the proper amount of medication, they care about their paychecks and getting you out the door as fast as possible. NOT Dr. Klos, he would spend an hour with you, if that is what you needed. he is the ONLY Dr. in the USA that I have heard who does this. He treated me with high dosages of Opioid medicines, we tried many different ones until we found the right combination, and even though I started out on very high doses, but later because of having less pain due to my proper medicines, later down the road, I was able to reduce my intake of medicines. It is amazing how much life you can live when you are not having to worry constantly that your doctor is going to take away your pain meds. It is a shame that there are not more doctors like him. He is funny, he is brilliant, and he cares about his patients. Unfortunately, I do not see him any longer, as I live in Europe now, Sweden to be exact. and Dr. Klos treated me up til the time I left the USA. If I were to ever move back to the Northwest, I would go back to Dr. Klos, as it would be a waste of time going to any other doctor. He is the best, and I will remain forever grateful for the care I received while I was with him.

|  Technical Professional  |  show details
by David on Aug 19th, 2013

I was treated by Dr. Klos a few years ago. You know how other Doctors try to put on what I call their "Doctor Persona" when treating patients, and you often wonder if there is a real person in there? Dr. Klos is the exception to this rule, and does not play the Holier than thow, Im the Dr., you're stupid routine. In short, he listens. In short, he tells it like it is. In short, he achieves results, which is for most of us, the ability to function. To be able to go out, rather than stay in. To work a job, rather than lose a job do to pain related absenteeism. I saw a post in here about his attire and the expectation of being able to make payroll e.g.. "get paid". Seriously? To coin an old movie phrase, "Where do these people come from?" In comparison to other pain clinics I have been to, Doctor shuffling, all of the testing, endless imaging, PT, injections, etc... the cost is more than reasonable. My PCP (who also is a very good Doctor who listens) has to date been handling my pain management, but with the additional injuries I have sustained in the last couple years, I have requested to see Dr. Klos who specializes in improving function for pain patients. Unless things have changed, they do not process insurance, but will provide anyone the documents required to do so on their own. I believe this is an effort Dr. Klos had made to control costs, and allow his office people to focus on customer service and general patient processing and office duties. I do not mind paying a fair price for a professional who achieves results and knows their area of specialty.

|  Best Doctor I ever had  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

If you want to see someone who is good, compassionte, knowledgeable and caring, this is the doctor to see. I have seen a lot of doctors in my life time. Dr. Klos was diffantely the best. He educates you in pain management and will not lie to you. If you do what he tells you, you can learn to live and survive in life with good pain management. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  show details
May 29th, 2012

Staff is very unprofessional. I have had a gard time finding a pain dr that didnt want to just push drugs and looked for alternate options.

Doctor's Response

It sounds to me like you were looking for a Naturopathic doctor, not a Medical Doctor. this anonymous person is correct we do not prescribe herbal or other treatments as I am not an expert in those fields.

|  Dr. Klos. The BEST Doctor in Town!! He Actually Cares about You!!  |  show details
by John L on Nov 30th, 2010

I have seen Dr Martin Klos since March 2007, I see him every Month. THe Best Doctor i have ever been to. to see him you need 6 months of Current Medical records and a referal from your regular doctor. He actually careJL

|  The worst Doctor I have ever encountered.  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2010

The staff is rude and unproffesional. The dr. himself is a slob and doesnt seem to care about anything but getting paid. It takes about 4 phone messages to get a return call.

Doctor's Response

I hope you have found another doctor who dresses and responds better to your issues. I would apologize for not wearing a suit and tie, but I cannot, it is not in me to dress fancy and pretend I am rich. But you are correct in that I do ask to be paid for my time, just like any car mechanic pout there.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

I was under Dr. Klos care for several years and moved out of state to take care of ailing Mother. I have not found a Dr. yet in my new location to replace him as he was so great.