Dr. Martin Kornblum MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 11 reviews

no change

January 13th, 2017
This is the man for the job.
I have been under his care for a little over 2 years,my injury was to L-4 and L-5 disks were ripped and nerves trapped.This was a fall on snow and ice while entering work.This made it a work comp claim.The incident took place Feb 2014 i went through all the work comp doctors until Aug 2014 where i remained in 100% pain and put through the wringer by them.The MRI said my pain was muscle and nothing else.Useing their MRI Dr Kornblum showed me the damage.Surgery was required to fix the problem,it wasn't until April 2015 that i could get the surgery due to work comp issues,it ended that things were worst then anticipated and my spine required to be surported both front and back which ment another surgery the following week.It has been 18 months he was very clear that at least a full year was required to heal fully when some pain still remained he took the tests needed to see the problem which showed i need additional support which was done Dec 2016.I now feel that after almost 3 years since my injury i may finally be on the road to feeling better.I read the reviews before i wrote mine and do agree with some things.....yes he is sometimes behind with the schedule for the day,but did you ask why? proberly not maybe he was in a surgery maybe someone else required extra time you don't know.Yes his bedside manner is some what abrupt and may seam a bit rude.....but i am not paying for him to hold my hand,he was being paid to use his hands to fix my injury,that is what your family is for.As far as the PA'S are concerned they are his right hand Batman had Robin and he has them.He is not God he is a man that has spent most of his life to learn how to take care of a specific injury,and that is what you need.You may not like his personalitly thats fine, you may not care for his bedside manner there was a few times i didn't either,but your best friend can't fix you they can only console you and hold your hand,he is not your friend he is your surgeon and should be treated as so.He does get to the point of your visit he is very busy man,but there has never been a time that he didn't answer my questions either,so after all this i have only one more thing to say.His name is over the door for a reason,and should be respected because at the end of the day i would rather have all his negative behavior of being friendly to fix me then a friendly hold your hand surgeon who is a hack.

January 16th, 2016
Worst experience ever
He scheduled follow up appointment to review MRI results, waited a full hour after scheduled time for appointment . Simply said I don't need surgery and would not explain findings or results. Completely rude and arrogant. Just give it time to heal. My pain was not his problem !

July 14th, 2015
The worst doctor I have ever seen
After waiting in the waiting room for over an hour (and I arrived 15 minutes early and am not counting that time), I received X-rays and then waited for about 15 minutes in the exam room before his PA entered. She was with me for 8 minutes and was very nice but didn't touch me and didn't ask me any questions. Doctor then came in and spent 4 minutes and 36 seconds with me. I timed it. He didn't ask me anything, didn't look at me, didn't touch me, and was talking to his PA and looking at the computer while I was trying to tell him what I could. I have lupus and have had back surgery already, and he is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen.

February 19th, 2015
He was the best doctor I have visited, very good with his work and made me feel very well. I reccomend this doctor to anyone and would be very pleased to say what an amazing doctor he is!!

January 30th, 2015
Terrible bed side manner! Extremely rude, short tempered, huge awful ego, wasn't willing to find a treatment plan his solution was surgery surgery surgery wow nothing like finding out where his priorities stood!! His demeanor was extremely cold, rude, arrogant, unfriendly, not compassionate, eye rolling, making childish faces & terrible bed side manner! I wouldn't let him touch me with a 10 foot pole let alone preform ANY type of surgery on me! Thank God I only seen him twice that was enough trauma for my mother & I. Each time I left after seeing him I was in tears, best advice I can give is steer clear of him his ONLY option is to preform surgery & make his bank account huge!!!

January 6th, 2015
very unprofessional, confrontational, told patient he does not care.

February 4th, 2014
exp
I went for a consiltaion and found him to be Very Narrow Minded and Focused I could no recomend him to any one looking for information and options.

August 28th, 2012
Knowledgeable But Mostly Unavailable
One of the problems is getting Dr Kornblum to keep his appointments. I get rescheduled a lot. Then when I do get an appointment, they send in a PA, so I don't get to see him. And don't ask for a disability letter if you need one for your attorney. You won't get one, and you'll get a rude response.The staff looks professional but I hear them gossip about people when I enter the office. They sometimes are just short of rude.

February 9th, 2011
Nothing but a REAL Jerk
I was referred to this doctor by my PCP, the first time i saw him was OK, but the second time I went for a follow up he would not write any scripts or answer any questions, he would not even let my case manager in. Yeah I know why he did not let her in, because he just wanted to charge the insurance company without answering any question. will never go back there again.

January 5th, 2011
unfortunately,I found Dr, Kornblum to not be caring or willing to explain things to me. I felt that I was a bother when I needed to ask questions for the serious surgery I had. I ended up with an infection in which he became defensive and did not want to deal with me or my concerns. Doctors are not going through the surgeries themselves and forget that we are and may be scared.

September 29th, 2010
What an ego maniac jerk!
This doctor has the worst bedside manner. He's got one foot out of the door the whole few moments he's with you. He doesn't like answering questions. He likes to dictate his opinion and feels challenged when asked about a procedure, etc. A real jerk. Will not go back to him.