Dr. Martin Lopez MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Oklahoma City, OK

May 7th, 2016
Wonderful and caring doctor
Dr. Lopez is amazing. I have seen other pain mang. dr's and he by far is the best. The best part is his injections last and do not hurt. Amazing! He has a great bedside manner and you feel well taken care of. A very caring and compassionate doctor.

November 23rd, 2015
Look no further
Dr. Lopez has treated me as a pain management patient. He has done several procedures to help with my back problems. I will always refer friends and family to him. He is very compassionate in his practice and listens intently. . and will recommended what is best for the patient. He will be honest. If he doesn't feel like he can help you he will offer different therapeutic options to provide the best care possible. If you are looking for a pain management Physician look no further.

November 20th, 2015
My wife has been a patient of Dr Lopez for years now. His knowledge and treatment of her condition has been a huge blessing for her pain management. When Dr Lopez is seeing you, he devotes his complete attention and focus to you and treatment of your condition. He will spend the time necessary to fully discuss your condition and available options. He also takes special care to make sure you understand the expected outcome and the things that may influence the path to your best results. My wife and I both believe he has a special gift in his field and regard him highly.

November 20th, 2015
Very Appreciative
I have been seeing Dr. Lopez for 2 years now. We have tried many things and I think we have finally found a solution that helps me but does NOT require surgery or narcotics. Dr. Lopez has known all along that I did not like being prescribed narcotics and has worked hard to help me find other solutions. Some did not work at all but some gave me relief. I love the fact that I can go several months without seeing him but when I go back in he remembers conversations we have had in the past. He asked me one time if I was seeing anyone else for the pain because I had not been in the office for several months. He wanted to make sure I was not shopping for doctors....which I was not. But that is his job! I was not offended in any way. He takes an oath to protect others and has to make sure he is not contributing to a bad habit. His staff is very friendly and helpful. My only concern is his promptness. I like the early morning appointments, but he is frequently late. If there is improvement for him, that is what I would suggest

November 19th, 2015
Very easy to speak to. Answers all your questions & you don't feel rushed. Talks to you and explains your procedure & problems where you understand it.

November 19th, 2015
Lower back pain diagnosis and treatment plan
Dr. Lopez reviewed my symptoms, previous diagnoses, and CT Scan with me in detail, and thoroughly explained his approach to eliminating or minimizing the pain in my right lower back. He physically examined my back to get further confirmation of his diagnosis. He explained his treatment plan (injections into the facets at L3, L4, and L5), possible outcomes, and the risks. In particular, he reassured me I could get facet injections without getting off aspirin so that my risk of a 2nd stroke would be minimized. Dr. Lopez did not seem to be in a hurry, and answered all my questions in detail, while volunteering some additional information. He is professional, competent, and appears committed to finding workable solutions to pain problems.

November 18th, 2015
Dr Lopez
I would recommend Dr Lopez, he has given me injections which helped for a short time. He referred me to a surgeon because of the short improvement time. His staff is friendly and helpful. His bedside manner is to the point but always asks if I have any questions. I would recommend him!

November 4th, 2015
RUDE
very rude and horrible bedside manner. No sympathy at all regarding the pain I am in.

August 21st, 2015
Friendly Nurses, Arrogant Doctor
I often wait more than thirty minutes for my appointments even though I arrive early. He has an awful bedside manner, treats patients like they're addicts and not in genuine pain. With the laws changing, I can understand that, but there's a nice way you can talk about this and not be accusatory. He is extremely limited on appointments, and the nurses are really quick to get you scheduled as soon as possible and are very nice. Followups are a nightmare, referrals take entirely too long, and no one follows up with you to let you know the status on anything. Does not get testing scheduled before referrals. He also doesn't seem to read your chart or go over anything before he walks in the door, he doesn't keep great notes either, and it takes forever for the charts to be dictated so anyone can follow up. Overall, if you don't mind being treated like an addict and don't mind him being very blunt, almost to the point of being a jerk, you'll get along with him very well. If you want to be treated as a person, and not a prescription, find a different doctor.

September 8th, 2014
Patient
This Dr. discredited all of my previous diagnosis for the past 18 years in a clinical evaluation. Discredited EMG study that is not just a clinical evaluation. I was asked to bend my chin down to my chest, he did not like how far it would go and pushed it further causing me more pain. It has been 2 weeks since I have seen him and I'm now worse since he forced my neck to bend in a way it no longer will bend. I want to emphasize on he did not just discredit one Dr. opinion, but 5 Dr.'s.

January 24th, 2013
Excellent doctor
I am a Registered Nurse and have known Dr. Lopez for 20 years. When I needed steroid injections he was recommended to me by other nurses who are also his patients. We swear by him.

May 31st, 2011
Highly Recommend
I am a 21 year old female who has had multiple injections by multiple doctors for moderately severe back injuries over the last 3 years. I will be seeing Dr. Lopez again soon and he has been a great help to me over the past year. I have had success and failure with pain management over the past 3 years and so far have had wonderful luck with him. My only negative observation was his promptness on procedure days. He is usually 15-30 minutes late and the nurses and I usually joke about it while we wait, but he always apologizes and gets straight to business...once he arrives! I would recomend him. Pain management is not a science! Not everyone will work for or with you, but he is very good at what he does.