Overall Review

2.8

November 4th, 2016
Horrible Experience
Horrible Dr. just in it to collect money for Colonoscopy and your office deductible. Went to him for a colonoscopy as I am 42 yrs old and have family history and need to get regular check ups. He spent abt 3 mins with me ask my name DOB and why I was there to see him that's it. then walk off never saw him again. He did do the procedure and left me with a report never saw him again. I had some complication the next day tried calling his office to ask for answers and advice and was told he he would return my call that was at 11am by his nurse Jesse. At 2:30pm I called again since I had not heard from him and was still having pain and needed to know what was normal and what was not and was told he would not be returning my call til after hours 5:30-6pm just before he was went home this was from his not so nice nurse Jesse. Her statement to me was " I already told you he will call you back why are you calling again?" All I was told to do was to go to the emergence room if I felt I need to be taken care of that he was not going to see me after I even offered to come and wait in his office for him to possible look at me to tel me if the pain was normal or not. Well at 4pm my husband took me to the hospital for the care I need and the Dr. failed to help me with. On the way to the hospital my husband called the r. office and spoke to the office manager "Liz" (very nasty woman) who stated that the Dr. was not ever going to return our calls and that my only choice to deal with my problem was the hospital. I told her she was not my Dr. and That I would like the Dr. to call me so I could discuss my issues with him even though I was going to the hospital and she stated that she was not going to have him call me and that he had nothing to say. She just said let the hospital deal with you we are done. Then she said goodbye smugly and hung up. The Hospital did treat me and check me to see if the Dr. had punctured my bowels thank goodness no but I found out my bowels were still asleep from the procedures anesthesia and that even though it had be a day it could be another before the meds wore off and the pain went away. While I was there many of the staff stated that this has happen to many of his patients and that he is neglectful and negligent in his care. This is something the staff or Dr. should have helped me with instead I now have a ER bill to pay. If your looking for a G.I. Dr. do not see this one you will regret it. Go to Dr. Robert Gilbert he so very nice and does follow up with his patients, my mom and husband had seen him, wish I did too now.

November 6th, 2015
Dr Maldonado was kind and put me at ease for my treatment. All members of his team treated me kindly also.

May 18th, 2015
OK Doctor. Horrible Office Experience
The Dr. was OK. However, the appointment was totally messed up. They changed the time unilaterally multiple times and kept leaving a voice message regarding the change. They took me 45 minutes late. The billing was also screwed up. However, they fixed it after a few phone calls. The triage room is a large floor, reminds me of a hospital floor in a 3rd world country. You mostly spend your time here with other patients. Although it has some privacy, you can still see other patients being cleaned up and naked. If these issues don't bother you, then this is the place for you.

March 10th, 2015
Very pleased with his office and surgery staff and with Dr. Maldonado. Highly recommend.

July 15th, 2014
Bad Experience
It took a month to get an appointment. It was scheduled for 8am. I waited for 45 minutes and then went to the desk and told them just cancel I'm leaving and unable to wait longer. It seemed like a factory and i can't imagine the care is good. Florida medical clinic needs higher standards. Will not go back.

February 9th, 2014
Don't trust his diagnosis
I'm in my early 30s. 2 years ago, I was referred to visit Dr. Maldonado by my primary care physician because I was having lots of digestive pain. Dr. Maldonado ran me through an endoscopy, abdominal scan, and a colonoscopy. Everything kept coming back normal. Just before the colonoscopy, Dr. Maldonado suggested that what I had was Irritable Bowel Syndrome and that if the colonoscopy came back normal, he would diagnose me with IBS. He gave me a pamphlet about it which told me to look for my trigger foods. I was down to eating nothing but chicken noodle soup and oatmeal for a week straight, because I understood at the time that those foods were supposed to be gentle to the system. Then a friend suggested that I look into celiac disease as the cause of my issues. It finally clicked for me. I realized that my grandmother has celiac. So I asked the Dr. about it before the colonoscopy and he said that he would do a blood test for it. After the blood was drawn, I went gluten free and finally found relief. However the blood test came back negative, so Dr. Maldonado diagnosed me as gluten intolerant rather than celiac. I don't really care about the actual diagnosis. What I care about is that he didn't think to test for it when he did the endoscopy. It provides a much more reliable result than the blood test. My research has lead me to believe that quite a lot of celiac patients come back with a normal blood test. The way that I've learned how my body responds to gluten strongly suggests to me that I have celiac. But whatever. What bothers me most is that he was just going to call it IBS, which basically translates as, "I don't know what's wrong with you. Good luck figuring it out." That was the impression that I got from him anyway.

December 23rd, 2013
Worthless Doctor and office staff
I called his office so that they can call in a medication they refused because I havent been to his office for a follow up on a procedure I explain I was at his office for a misunderstanding and no one requested I should just have my forgotten followup now out of health insurance he wont call in a perscription so badly needed cause I have barrett's esophagus I can get esophagus cancer really quick by missing my medication I havent had medication in 4 days now and they don't care they even went as far as to hang up the phone pittyfull Doctor and pittyfull office staff I will hold him and his office and Florida Medical responsible for my well being my health.

December 16th, 2013
Run Away!
This guy is a complete d- bag! Arrogant and doesn't care about his patients.

September 6th, 2013
This Dr. sure knew what he was talking about, but in layman's terms he did not seem to he care that I knew what he was talking about. He was not very caring or sympathetic that I was nervous and had never had any type of surgery before.After I woke after the surgery and he came to do the review, I tried to make small talk, nothing doing! He actually looked away from me and directed the conversation towards my wife to follow instructions. I felt as I was an inconvenience! The group at Florida Medical Center was great but I personally would not recommend this guy to anyone!

July 29th, 2013
Did not make eye contact when speaking to me and appeared unconcerned. Not courteous or respectful of me as a person. Appeared to know his field but refused to acknowledge that symptoms may have a different cause. Will not return to his office.

July 14th, 2013
Best Gastro I have ever been treated by.
Very knowledgeable in the treatment of Crohn's disease. Only 1 time in approx. 6 years did I have to see someone else in his office and that was because I had an issue and he was on vacation. There were no nurse practitioners there that I was pawned off too. He actually listened to me when I complained of symptoms and acted on those complaints which led to finding a stricture and dealing with it before it was too late. Unfortunately I had to move away from his office 3 years ago and have yet to find another Gastro that even comes close to his level of care.

May 15th, 2013
not satisfied
when a treatment given by a doctor does not work he needs to be humble and use other alternative treatments for the patient safety and satisfaction.is also important to give respect in order to earn trust. that was my experience with dr maldonado for that reason i would not recommend him