Dr. Martin Mayer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Martin Mayer?

May 18th, 2016

f personable

Kind warm demeanor..asked solid questions to engage

September 23rd, 2015

He is a caring psychiatrist and listens well. He has been more than adequate.

June 7th, 2014

Good Experience So Far

I have been seeing Dr. Mayer for about 2 months, and I have to say I have had a great experience so far. For 10 years I have been suffering from severe emotional problems, and my previous (Medicaid) doctor misdiagnosed me with major depressive disorder after about 2 minutes of seeing me and started meds that made me gain a lot of weight and didn't help at all, causing me to be hospitalized 3 times in 5 years. After I got employer based private insurance, my family doctor referred me to Dr. Mayer. He sat down with me for a good hour and went over my symptoms, past history, current problems, and he asked about medical tests I'd had so he had the whole picture. Then, finally, after so long suffering, he changed my diagnosis to one that is actually accurate! So far, the treatment plan he prescribed is working and for the first time, I am beginning to feel better. He really takes the time and listens, even offered to call my rheumatologist to discuss the meds I'm on so we can make sure nothing she prescribes me interacts or interferes with my disorder. I give Dr. Mayer a 10 out of 10. (It IS true that the office staff can be a little abrasive. I overheard a few conversations with other patients that were a bit brisk, and thought they probably could be nicer when speaking to patients who are mentally ill. However, I personally have not had a problem - they have been very polite and helpful to me thus far.)

March 25th, 2014

Terrible

I'm suffering from severe depression and anxiety. A family member of mine gave me the number to dr mayers office. When I called to make an appointment I was met with a rude receptionist. She kept questioning me about how I got the number or how I know dr Mayer instead of my condition. I was then denied an appointment because I'm only 20 instead of 21 and I'll be 21 in a month. My mother then called the office and was met with rudeness as well. I can't believe a dr Mayer would turn down a patient due to age and I also cannot believe he hires such rude people who are mean and nasty to people who are already suffering through severe depression

August 15th, 2013

rudest laziest office staff

Dr. Mayer should be aware that his office staff is rude and lazy. They don't stop their idle chit chat with each while you are waiting for their attention. They are both immature and cause friction with the patients then tell Dr. Mayer only their side of the story. The billing procedures are awful and he should be aware of this. my insurance cringes when I called to tell them of how Dr. Mayer's office staff does their billing. They are not professional in any way whatsoever. Dr. Mayer please look at your staff.

January 31st, 2013

my husband died after seeing Dr. Mayer

My h usband was diagnosed with "MAJOR depressive disorder", He saw dr. 3 times in one week, Dr. told him go home, take meds, have a McDonalds milkshake to help you gain weight back. My husband committed suicide 2 days later.

January 23rd, 2011

Unethical and dangerous

Makes hasty diagnosis, precribes high doses of Xanax and other drugs, titrating them up too quickly, with no regard for life-threatening side effects of some drugs he prescribes or fact that benzos are highly addictive. I personally know two people that he misdiagnosed and they are both suffering addicted to drugs, in and out of withdrawal and he could care less. He hides beind HIPPA so he doesn't have to take calls from concerned family members. He should lose his license and I am likely going to take action against him shortly because he is reckless and has ruined my family members life since he met her.

January 5th, 2011

Unqualified

Diagnoses problems before really getting to know a patient, and over prescribes addictive and dangerous medications. I would not recommend him.

August 3rd, 2010

Great Doctor, Awful staff

Dr.Mayer is out of this world. He is a lifesaver, truly. That is why it is a shame he has employed 2 of the rudest, most unprofessional women to run his office. They are very curt, snotty and will barely stop their idle chattering to help you. I recommended him to a friend but she was turned off by their demeanor over the phone. She promptly hung up and found another doctor. He has been told about them. He should REALLY think hard about what these women are putting forth as his `image`.

July 24th, 2017